or Connect

Posts by tribord

Does anyone know of any good kids' books that promote caring and getting along with siblings?  My kids do have a lot of tenderness to each other at times, but tend to fight a lot as well.  Things get physical with them very, very quickly.  When playing with other kids they both act very differently and are much kinder and patient so I'm pretty sure this is a sibling issue.   I have Siblings Without Rivalry for me, which I need to re-read, but would love some kids'...
My DS (2.5) actually does this often to my DD (5) and has been doing so since before he was a year old.  I think it is developmentally normal for a child that age, although of course not acceptable or OK, and I think really your best option is to supervise like crazy.  If your 10-month-old will tolerate a carrier or playpen or one of those really large plastic playyards it might be a good way to keep them separate when you have other things you need to do around the...
Lately I have been struggling a lot with my kids. I have a 2.5 DS, who is objectively is more difficult due to being 2, being stuck at about 90% potty-trained for months, and the fact that I am home with him all the time. But it is my 5 YO DD is causing me the most stress. She was difficult as a toddler but even at age 5 continues to hit, scream, throw things, and have tantrums and meltdowns on a daily basis. She has also started being really rude, namecalling, and...
I would like to get some support with my mood  ( depression/anxiety/irritability) and looking for something other than conventional pharmaceuticals.  I came across a supplement called "Joy" from Organic India.  I know the brand is reputable, and of course it says not to take while breastfeeding, but so do most supplements.  I am wondering if it would be OK to take while breastfeeding.  I do not know a healthcare practicitioner around here who is familiar with this kinds...
I love the title of your post.  I ask myself that very question many times a day.  My oldest is in preschool every day, so it's not like I have both all day long, and we have a housecleaner every other week and a lawn service, so I really can't figure out why we're struggling so much.  I usually end up deciding I'm either a terrible parent or maybe it is because other people's kids sleep much more than mine (DS does not STTN and doesn't nap much either, but still needs...
I am interested based on what I've read on her website and just ordered the book. Does anyone else here follow her method of parenting? 
My newly 5-year-old DD has recently started namecalling and being rude to me, DH, and her brother.  I am pretty sure she picked it up at preschool (we don't namecall at home), and I'm not sure how to handle it.  I've told her not to do it, but that hasn't cut out the behavior.  Threats will often stop the behavior temporarily, but I really don't like to use them because I feel like they have the potential to be damaging to our relationship and don't really get to the...
He is beautiful! Congratulations!
As a SAHM, I actually never thought about daycare, I probably just assumed that they wouldn't let you send your child there only 6 hours a week. Even if they did, I think the experience of attending a daycare for 6 or 9 hours a week ( when most of the other kids would be there 20+ hours a week) would be very different than a preschool class that is set up specifically just for 6 or 9 hours a week. As I don't have any direct experience with daycare and other than my own...
I have a sister and am happy to have her and love her very much (although we did not get along well as kids)but I also know many (if not most that I have talked to) only children who were and are perfectly happy to be only children. My two children do not play well together at all, nor do either of them want to play alone when they are both in the house. Maybe one day that will change. As for self-entertainment, my daughter got much better at that around 4 years old. ...