or Connect

Posts by tribord

My DD did this last winter right around her 4th birthday.  It started while she had a bad cold and a runny nose but continued for a long time even after her cold was gone.  I tried so many things without success, including leaving it alone.  Sometimes I would wash the area and put antibiotic cream on it and bandages at bedtime and it would look so much better in the morning, and then she would come back from preschool with it all raw again.  I tried keeping it covered...
To me this is a safety issue, so my decision was easy.  Keep them RF basically as long as possible.  DD just switched to forward-facing last month when she turned 5.  She still has a couple pounds to go before hitting the RF limit in her car seat but she had been asking for a while and I had promised her for her 5th birthday she could go FF.   DS will stay RF until the 45 pounds weight limit or he is too tall, whichever comes first.  DD is all-around large but DS is...
Thanks all for your replies.  To answer PP's question, I was a little concerned about them catching something from an MMR shedding because they have been around some kids who have recently received the MMR.    Good to know more about viral rashes.  I didn't really know about those before. I guess whether it is that or roseola is kind of moot, since they are both feeling OK and their rashes continue to fade.   The doctor did do a strep test and the rapid was...
I recently went to buy some Kerrygold butter and the store no longer had the regular butter wrapped in foil, instead they had a tub of "softer" butter.  It is all butter, the website says something about it being churned differently.  I'm never really sure if Kerrygold is the best choice regardless, but this "softer" butter does seem to be real butter.  It tastes the same as regular Kerrygold.   http://www.kerrygold.com/products/pure-irish-butter-softer-tub
I wrote a nice, descriptive post and then accidentally closed the tab before posting, so I apologize in advance if it seems to be a bit jumbled... trying to get it out before my 2-year-old wakes up!   My 2-year old was diagnosed with roseola and my almost 5-year-old is now showing similar symptoms.  A lot of things seem to fit with the dx, but after reading about it some things don't seem to fit.  I'm curious to see other's experiences with roseola and if they match...
I'm not even pregnant!  This just came out of nowhere.  After about 6 doses of laxatives and 3 doses of stool softeners I was finally able to start getting some things out.  I couldn't leave the house all the next day.   I iced the hemorrhoid and it looks and feels a lot better now, so that is a relief.   I have no idea what brought this on; I've almost never been constipated in my life.  I'm scared and I think I'm going to keep taking stool softeners for a while.....
I was seriously straining to do a BM tonight (I am really constipated, not sure why).   I should have known better, but I was in so much pain I just wanted to try and get it out (which didn't happen).   So now after making it through 2 pregnancies and childbirths hemorrhoid-free, I just gave myself one.  :(    Since it just happened, is there anything I can do right away that might make it go away or not be so severe?   Everything hurts down there right now, so I...
Congratulations!   They are both beautiful!
My 22-month old will occasionally inappropriately repeat back things that I say to him as in the "Which toy do you want?" example above.  I had chalked it up to all the times he gets smiles and applause for learning a new word (example....  me: "This is a tiger.  Can you say 'tiger'?  Tiii-gerrr."  DS: "tiger"  me: "yay! Tiger!").    I can't think of a good example right now, but I don't think he's ever repeated a sentence as long as "Which toy do you want?", though. ...