or Connect

Posts by tribord

We still haven't DTD yet. There have only been handful of times where both kids were asleep and one of us wanted to and in each case the other one didn't want to. Assuming we get around to it before DS starts solids (or STTN if that happens sooner but I highly doubt it) I will rely on EBF. I never got AF back after DD but obviously I did ovulate. It happened when DD was 23 months after I had cut nursing down to twice a day and nothing at night (trying to bring back...
I was using the infant insert at first but found it kind of awkward and unnecessary and stopped at about 6 weeks. The insert also lifted him up higher and made it harder to nurse him. I still have his legs frogged, though. To nurse him I have to have the Ergo pretty low on my hips and off-center a bit (to whatever side I'm nursing on). Even with those adjustments, his head is still pretty high up vs. my chest. I use my hands to lift up my boob and position it into...
That is a great idea! I will have to raid DH's drawers. I have cut a big slit down the front of some old tees and wear those around the house over my Target nursing tanks or just a bra. They are great for sleeping b/c they keep my shouldres and arms warm and don't tempt me to pull up ther blanket around the baby. I also treated myself today to two nice Japanese Weekend tops that are very flattering and make me feel good. I had ordered some clearance stuff from...
we are still waiting, too. 8 weeks out now
DD pokes DS, shakes his pack n play, screams, etc., etc. "Oh! His eyes be open now, mama!". Yeah, no kidding! I gave up trying to use the awesome papasan swing for DS that worked great for DD when she was a baby because she just messes with it and pushes it so high that DS can't sleep and it isn't safe anyway. Anyway, we are lucky that our house is big enough that if I can get DS down for a nap in his crib I lock the door and try to get DD away from the bedroom. ...
DS is mostly just peeing at night now (not many night poops anymore), thank goodness. I have been using either fitteds or prefold with covers but he pees a lot and we're having leaks now. I may just start throwing a wool cover over the whole thing and seeing if that helps. I usually change him 2-3 times at night, but since it is usually just pee I can just do it in bed. I try to do it as quickly as possible so he wakes up as little as possible and also doesn't cry...
DS *finally* got his first bath today... 7 weeks old. Took me a while to get around to it! He was pretty stinky.
DS still has it pretty bad at almost 7 weeks.
DS poops about 3-4 times a day (almost 7 weeks old now) which seems so little to me compared to DD who had a poopy diaper at pretty much every single change at this age. I'm glad for this thread to see he is totally in the range of what other people are seeing.
woohoo! Baby laughs are the best!