or Connect

Posts by tribord

Quote: Originally Posted by bethanta Here's a bizarre first-time mom question. How do handle when you have to go to the bathroom really bad and baby's unhappy? I am pretty good at going potty with one hand and holding the nursing baby with the other one. The only part I have trouble with is washing my hands after and what I tend to do is bend my knees until the baby is supported by the bathroom counter and cradled by my elbows and then I can...
I didn't find the GSE to sting. I am still using it on my nipples along with Jack Newman's APNO. Weaning off the capryl and oral GSE. I always take probiotics so I will keep taking those. Trying to keep up a good diet but it is tough.
Any thoughts on if this is really a healthy food or not? I recently bought a jar of Nutiva coconut manna and am loving it, so much actually that it worries me a bit. In my experience anything that tastes so good to me is not good for me to have around in large quantities , but I don't seem to be having any negative effects (like eating way too much to where I start to feel sick which I have done with things like peanut butter, grapes, and blueberries) from the coconut...
Def. a lot less than most babies. DD was about 12 hours from the beginning and I worried a lot it wasn't enough according to the books. Ped. said as long as she didn't seem tired or sick and was growing ok that it was ok. She is maybe at 9 hours now at almost 3 yo. Honestly it has been hard these years for me and DH but overall DD seems fine with it. I just get so sick of hearing from my friends about their kids who sleep 11-12 hours at night straight through and...
Yes, I am just getting over it (fingers crossed). I think I got it b/c I took antibiotics for a nasty finger infection plus my diet sucks PP plus my immune system took a hit from lack of sleep once my mom and MIL left. Luckily I think I caught it early and the kids didn't seem to have any symptoms so I wasn't in a ton of pain but very emotionally distraught b/c it was like just one more thing to deal with when I had no time or energy. I really wanted to keep things...
Congrats! Alana has always been one of my favorite (if not most favorite) girl names.
Quote: Originally Posted by happydaymomma Here's how it went - Amelia woke at 1:30 and had a wet diaper, so I changed it, then nursed her, then she pooped, so I changed it, then she wouldn't fall asleep again, so I nursed her, then she pooped again, so I changed her, then I woke up DH and said "tag, you're turn... she's fed and dry." I have no idea how long it took him to get her back to sleep. I was so out that I didn't even hear him come back in a lay...
nak here is the link from a prior thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ghlight=binder
Quote: Originally Posted by porcelina I tried DS1 draping over me while I'm side lying, and that didn't work for us... yeah, that gave me sore nipples and also I just felt icky (weird but that is the best description of the feeling I have). Football works OK for me but I don't do it at night b/c I don't want to sit up. DD is allowed to nurse once in the morning at 5 am or later. I've been trying to have dh take ds for a diaper change at...
Quote: Originally Posted by theypswife Please add my little one! Josiah Michael born at home on Wed, 9/22 at 10:39am 8lbs, 0oz; 20 inches He came at 40wks+4d after 32 hours of labor! We had a birth photographer, which I totally recommend now! Here are the pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4820941&ref=nf Congrats! And those are *amazing* pics! What a treasure.