or Connect

Posts by emmasmommy

My 8 yo dd has a DSi and her favourite things are two programs that are already built into the device.  She likes to take pictures with the camera and then there is a program that allows her to change the pictures in a lot of different ways.  There is also a voice recorder where you can record you or someone else saying something and then change the speed, play it backwards or add other effects.  She uses these two things almost more than the games we bought and paid...
I'd love to join! Starting weight - 236 Goal for the month - 231 My main goal for eating is to get portions under control. I do eat some junk, but my biggest problem is portion sizes right now. As far as exercise, I want to get up and work out every weekday morning before work.
I hope the school works out for your DD. She will pick up the language fast as others have said. DD1 has a friend that moved here (Canada) from Germany right before starting Kindergarten and spoke no English before coming here. By the end of the school year she was completely fluent in English. Now in grade 2, she doesn't even have an accent while speaking English.
My DD is turning 4 in a couple of weeks, and she would love art supplies. She always picks out markers or paper when she is given a few dollars to spend at the store. DD also loves playdough and stringing beads to make necklaces.
Quote: Originally Posted by nina_yyc Same situation. DD will turn 5 in November of her kindergarten year and from the advice I read on this forum it seems that most people think that's too young for K....but is it still too young for K if the relative age of the class is younger? BTW...DD is 2y10mo and not in preschool this year. Was planning on 1 year of preschool, then K. I see where you're coming from, but if half-days aren't bad enough for...
DD2 (turning 4 next month) is 41" and about 40ish pounds and at the top slot of her Marathon. The Marathon is in dh's car and not her main seat, so I haven't seen her in it in a bit to know how much she has left, but probably not much. Miss Chris - My dd is the same height as yours and her main seat is a Nautilus. She is only on the second highest slots in that, and still has a little bit of room before needing to move it up, so she still has tons of room to grow in...
DD's school gets 20 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at lunch. They also get play time if they get to school before the bell rings. She also gets 30 minutes of PE every day on top of recess. Our school won some kind of award from the province last year for the quality of the PE program.
About half the classrooms in dd's school have them. Last year in grade 1, the teacher used it to play educational games, for some lessons and they would use it to listen to stories while they ate lunch (I think they were called Tumbleweed books, where the book was read while the pages are shown on the screen). According to dd, her teacher didn't use it very often. Other classes that don't have a smartboard came into dd's class to use it while they were at PE or library...
dd1 has been in swim club the past two years. She tried soccer, but didn't really like it. She is currently in gymnastics and loves it! I think for the fall we will have her in swimming and gymnastics. DD2 hasn't done anything yet, but I do want to put her in swimming lessons in the summer, and maybe have her try gymnastics too.
We had a wonderful wedding for around $10,000 (my parents paid, so I don't know/remember exact costs). Here's what we did: - My aunt made my dress for less then $200 - the lace trim cost as much as the fabric for the whole dress did! - The ceremony was at my parent's house, they have a beautiful courtyard that they really did up with flowers and such for the ceremony. The only costs were chair rentals, and the JP we had officiate. - DH did rent a tux, but his...