or Connect

Posts by mommariffic

I really don't know.    We did a Waldorfy-play based school which I was super excited for, and it was SCHOOL with very little play. They were making art one day, and my daughter said "finished" and they told her she had to color in the whole picture. What-the-heck? We decided not to attend...at home I realized just rolling with their interests and following their leads was just..working. So that's my boring, short answer 
I always forget to come back and check out these threads! Wee.    Fiber goats are totally new to me too! I am actually now (after talking with a friend) debating sheep vs an angora goat  http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/goats/angora/   I do 99% of the homesteading. It's my goal to live like this, and my husband has no interest. So balancing all the animals + my own needs + the kids can get overwhelming. This year I also decided we are going to get ducks (yum duck...
Oh February!    We have had snow storm after snow storm after snow storm.  Currently have over a foot (maybe 17 inches?) of snow not going anywhere soon piled up around the house. So we've been hermits during our storms. Lots of arts and crafts (we made "awards" for each other from our Earth Child craft book, winter dioramas, monsters out of play-doh, paintings and drawings and more..) I'm loving our home time - we did go roller skating with a homeschool group which was...
We have been dealing with snow, snow, snow!    Lots of inside-the-house-stuck-home days. We have built igloos, made homemade light tables, read books, made 1000 arts and crafts, started our Earth Child book, went sledding, worked on our barn chores in the snow, played and played, and watched loads of Netflix. We also joined a gym with the most ah-mazing pool, so we went swimming which was lovely. Unfortunately the snow has prevented us from going back.    This month we...
Another snow day.    We are notoriously lazy on snow days. I allow unlimited Netflix/Ipad because well, I want a snow day too! I want to read and veg.    But we aren't being too lazy.  -Cleaned up dining room table + started straightening up house -Baked brownies + made lunch (turkey corn dogs)  -Worked on air-dry clay projects with kids (owl and cat)  -Made a DIY light table for DS and DS    Now I'm making dinner reservations for our disney trip. I still need to...
Hello (again)    I'm momma to two - we unschool and I am mostly a stay-at-home-mom but I do freelance write (most my money goes towards books, damn Kindle!) This month we are going on vacation (Disney, squeeee) and my goal is to not spend so we can save for our trip. We are leaving in three weeks, and I want them to be very low-key and I don't want to spend unless I must! There are some purchases I need to make (bathing suits for kids) but I don't want to do any EXTRA...
Hello (again)    I'm momma to two - we unschool and I am mostly a stay-at-home-mom but I do freelance write (most my money goes towards books, damn Kindle!) This month we are going on vacation (Disney, squeeee) and my goal is to not spend so we can save for our trip. We are leaving in three weeks, and I want them to be very low-key and I don't want to spend unless I must! There are some purchases I need to make (bathing suits for kids) but I don't want to do any EXTRA...
No, they can't visit. The hospital has a no one under 18 rule right now because of some insane flu outbreak..and besides THAT, we have to suit up to see my Dad because he has some seriously nutso (very contagious) germs..
Lets see   -a few more raised beds  -finding (freecycle, Craiglist etc) planting containers for the deck (where I'm keeping all the herbs this year..)  -Chickens.  -Fiber goats. -Ditching all plastic/paper. 
Still in a slump! My Dad's still in the hospital (been bouncing in and out) and most likely won't make it (terminal cancer and things are shutting down..) So basically I'm in/out of the hospital throughout the day (depending on how many emergencies are happening that day) and the kids are bouncing between me, Daddy, and their grandparents. Blessed to have help but a little stressed we are so so far from our usual rhythm.   DD's been deep in pretend play, and using her...