or Connect

Posts by mommariffic

How neat! I have a 5 year old and an (almost) 3 year old -- we are in Somerset county but once a week I'm happy to drive somewhere! Fill me in pls 
Guys I think the deadline for this was like - last year? 
I think it's weird so many people are like yee-haw ride away because I'd be kinda pissed (and this is coming from someone with a farm and a five year old who's been riding for over a year...)    I would be okay with it IF: the horse was being leased at a barn where lessons were going to be provided for your daughter by someone who's NOT your mum. From what it sounds like she's probably not the best person to GIVE a lesson. If that's the case I say ride on and what a...
I buy loads of books but I tend to get them used (and sometimes use my own freelance money..) I work this into my budget Felt tip pens in all different colors (these get stolen a lot so I have to buy them like, once a month)  Farm/homesteading magazines (like Taproot, Hobby Farm Home, etc..) 
My 5 year old would absolutely love this! She has one penpal, and had another but they didn't write back (and she was bummed) so yes at the risk of sounding rude, writing is a must! She loves horses (and horseback riding), nature-y type things, superheros and fairies, and we are homeschoolers in NJ (we have a small farm) email me! 
I'm super big on letting them have tons of time for just PLAYING (but we homeschool so that happens regardless)    DD does horseback riding every week for an hour in the afternoon (horses are her passion, when she's not riding we are visiting local farms, reading hose books, playing with horse toys etc..)  Twice a month we also do 4-H Cloverbuds (it's on a Tuesday..) one day is at the library doing an indoor activity or craft and than we do a field trip (everyone...
It's been awhile since I posted.   Sorry to hear we are all in the same (germ ridden) boat! We actually had a few weeks where everything went hunky dory and we were getting back into our rhythm (and going out into the world..) and now we are snotty all over. We never got sick and I used to (secretly) gloat but this winter is making me wish I had bite my tongue! I can't wait for spring! 
I could have written this!   My five year old is very chatty. Constantly talking / playing / singing. My two year old also didn't talk for awhile, and now he doesn't stop!    I try to have quiet time throughout the day. (Breathing in/out) I have some yoga kids DVDS and they are actually fairly fun, and the kids will give them a go and will remain peaceful quite for a few minutes...I also put on the Sparkle Stories and encourage them to be quite because if not,...
Love this thread!   I love that as unschooling mommas we are constantly following our own passions/interests too..   I've been a huge bookworm lately (more so than ever!) in the winter we tend to hibernate a bit so the children (2 & 5) have been playing heaps of pretend games while I read and read and read everything I can get my hands on. I got a few Amazon gift cards for Christmas so I've been buying things used and DEVOURING them. Lots of books on Waldorf type...
My DD (who's 5) has always had a bit of anxiety/ocd type issues but lately they are spinning out of control   Some of her issues: She will say something "mommy I'm hungry.." and before I even have time to answer she goes "did you hear me say that, I said "mommy I am hungry, did you hear that" and I say yes love I did hear it...she does the same thing. I'll say somthing like "do you wanna go to the park?" and she'll say "okay! I said okay, did you hear me say okay?...