or Connect

Posts by mommariffic

Anyone else with sick kids?   First we got the flu right after Christmas and it was longly drawn out and exhausting (having sick kids + not feeling good yourself = worse than anything..) now for the past week we got a tummy bug! If I see one more crappy Netflix cartoon or wash and clean the sheets one more time I'm going to loose it!   Sick kid momma support thread? 
Oh! I just went to the calendar store because they were having a half off sale and you got a free calendar (the turn page one..) and I got awkward pet family photos and it's very silly! There's also one about poo and what it means that could be funny for the bathroom...   (and I have the Nikki McClure one and I LOVE IT! She's the best) 
PM me too! My 5 year old would be VERY VERY interested in a homemade Valentines swap!
We have been nothing but sick! First we had the flu than we managed to get a stomach bug so for the entire week one of us has taken a turn puking and/or pooping our brains out.    Today we woke up and ate a light breakfast and DD/DS did the Ipad together taking turns making robots. We cleaned up the kitchen and DD helped me make tea and simple syrup for at home Passionfruit Lemonades, and when those were done we made spinach dip together and ate it on the couch : )...
We have been sick with the flu post-holidays and than we managed to get a tummy bug so our rhythm is allll over the place   Having one (when we do) is a lifesaver. Our days run much much smoother!   I try to stay home quite a bit. We have plenty to do here (reading, animals to take care of, homeschooling stuff, cooking and whatever else..) I find that when we are running around it can be really overwhelming for myself, and the kiddos. DD is allowed to have two...
You know, I'll ask my Dad! He donates to several places (WWW is one I know of, and the Arbor day I think too...) I know he is always getting calendars and stickers in the mail he passes to my kids, and recently they sent him a bunch of young trees! He did a lesson with my DD on trees and the rainforest, and we will be planting them together so that's something nice...   My DD Is also very much interested in volunteering or giving away her toys and money to different...
I will (third) Pinterest!    Our playroom is off the kitchen, and is pretty much the "main" hangout room for my 5 and 2 year old.    Some ideas: Playstands! I bought mine secondhand from a friend, and they are the best best best. We have playsilks to create a sort of hideout, and I have a faux lambskin rug from Ikea on the floor -- on the shelves of it I put baskets (you can find them anywhere) of their toys, and the dolls are on the floor set up and ready to...
I have had the same resolutions for the past few years :/    -Make more kitchen-y stuff from scratch; yogurt, butter, mixes (pancake, herb blends etc..)  -Eat well! Cook most of our meals at home! -Organize our home and STICK WITH IT 
DD got Felicity & Penny (her horse) for Christmas.   My MIL chipped in for a few outfits and matching jammies. DD is smitten - she's slept with her, brushed her hair, and has changed her 498 times already. I'm hoping she loves her; I had Kirsten and I have super fond memories of going with my Grandma to get outfits, having tea parties, etc...   I do enjoy the books and the movies are very sweet which is refreshing for ...today's scary world. I don't know if we...
Whew! So much to do   Today we are going to DH's side of the family for snacks + sweets + present exchanging in the evening...   I'm still waiting on last minute presents to come in the mail so I will be wrapping those + wrapping some last minute presents Tonight (or if I can sneak away this afternoon..) wrapping the children's things Baking a tree cake Cleaning a bit   That's it, we are mostly ready! I can't wait to see DD and DS's faces tomorrow morning