or Connect

Posts by mommariffic

No no it's okay! I'm about to have a playdate than doctor, but I will post more later with some links to articles I've been reading..that way I make much more sense ;) 
Yes yes yes! I saw several of my Facebook friends saying they would "feel comfortable" if the only people who had weapons were police and military...really? How can someone with half a brain even consider that? There are very few police offers I trust -- having had several family members in the police force I've learned that most of them are quite corrupt, disgusting human beings. Would I want them to be the only ones with gun privilege? No way!   We are living in a...
*I was going to post something rude because your response was a bit rude -- in fact this entire POST has rude undertones..but than I remembered it's the INTERNET so why bother..*    And I thought my talking about mental health was revalent since you were talking about the tragedy in CT and I feel it's NOT a gun issue but a mental health issue. I spoke about my thoughts on guns and threw in the mental health stuff as an afterthought. I think we can agree that these...
I haven't read all the replies yet...however   What happened in CT really had little to do with gun ownership. The "gun issue" is one small piece of a much larger issue that includes mental health amongst other things.    And to say that Americans have this "wild side" is sort of silly. I wouldn't lump together rapist and religious fanatics from other countries as "wild heathens" so to do the same for America is silly, since most of them don't own automatic...
We do a lot of nice finger foods (good cheeses, homemade breads, seafood dips, and so on)  Ham Scalloped potatoes with too much heavy cream Some veggie   And a plethora of rich deserts. Fudge, chocolate cakes with layers and layers and layers of jams and things...more fudge?    Every year my MIL insists on bringing meatballs and pasta whether or not it goes with our meal. Every year I say okay because it's not a big deal really if it doesn't go (although my...
Stockings are my favorite! My own momma used to make the best..   So far I keep switching up what's going in them :/    DS (he's two)  Pirate mask (felt) from Etsy Cloth pirate treasure map  Play doh set (scented apple cider, vanilla and pumpkin) with a snowflake cookie cutter Hazlenut kids Raccoon doll  Dinosaur fact cards   DD (she's 5)  Playdoh set (similar but different scents + different cookie cutter)  Tree fact cards Wooden camera for...
I never read the news, and if I do I barely cry (the world is one big scary place..) but this hit me hard. I sobbed in the car today, and I talked with friends about it and cried some more...which is nothing compared to how those poor, poor families must feel that lost a child. It's horrific what happend - simply put. I don't want to pray, I don't want to justify it, I don't want to do anything but hug my kids and feel grateful I homeschool them, and plan on keeping them...
Oh I don't know, I've been wearing cardigans in the summer for my entire life -- and I could go to bed at 7:30pm every single night.  
Yes! I second bone broth -- we also do miso soup, or homemade chicken noodle for meals during sickness. Anything with loads of GARLIC! I can get DD to take a spoonful of raw honey with crushed up garlic but DS is not too keen on it (although I've tricked him before..)    I also swear by Elderberry - we normally do a homemade syrup for a few weeks leading up until the "flu season" and that helps prevent a lot of the yucky illness. If the kids do fall under the weather...
Yesterday we woke up at 10am because my two year old was up all night screetching (two year molars maybe?) and DD insisted on staying in my bed too so no one really got to sleep until well passed bedtime. It would have been delicious to sleep in that late, but DD had her coop at 10:15, and I had plans to meet friends for lunch at 11...ended up keeping her home, made the lunch a half hour late, did a tiny bit if Christmas shopping and came home by 1pm. The alone time was...