or Connect

Posts by Jugs

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/121/2/e208.full.pdf
That's nothing new, however, the FDA and CDC have yet to approve this expansion.
That doesn't change the fact that ingested methyl mercury is more of a threat than injected ethyl mercury, though both are avoidable.
Conversely, a day-old infant isn't getting a mercury-containing vaccine, either
Actually, methyl mercury is readily absorbed through the GI tract; when you eat a tuna sandwich, 95% of the mercury is absorbed into the bloodstream.     Vaccines are injected intramuscularly or subcutaneously, not directly into the bloodstream. Ethyl mercury also has shorter half life than methyl mercury, so even if it, too, is readily absorbed, it is excreted much quicker.
Since when? According to the package insert and the CDC schedule, it is still only recommended for the 26 and under crowd.
Its a long story, but I went from vaccinating by default to completely anti-vax after my oldest child had a pretty scary reaction as a baby. After doing quite a bit of research, I was firmly anti-vax, and remained so for quite a few years. After my 3rd baby was born, I started having some doubts, but the idea of vaxing still wasn't something I was comfortable with, after I spent so many years being against them. The nagging doubts just wouldn't go way, so I decided to go...
Has he researched what a clinical case of pertussis is like? Even a mild bout with whopping cough can last for several weeks; that's a long time to be sick, especially for a baby.
With pertussis being more prevalent, I want her to have as much protection as possible.     She got the first vax the same month she turned 3, and is 4.5 now. We ended up starting with the bare minimum needed for nursery school (I'm in NY, where exemptions are rather strict). Giving 1 or 2 shots at each visit, over the course of 9 visits, she got: 3 DTaP, 3 Hep B, 3 Polio, 1 Hib, 1 PCV, 1 MMR, 1 Varicella. She also got 2 doses of flu vaccine. This year we're going to...