or Connect

Posts by zuzunel09

This is totally DS.  There are so many things I "can't" do because they set him off; no opening the front door, jingling keys, letting him see our cell phones...I feel a little better hearing that my son isn't the only one.  He comprehends nearly everything I say to him, but his speech is delayed.  I think he has fewer than 10 words to be honest, and they aren't very clear.  So maybe he is as frustrated as I am.  I guess I chose the GD forum for this because when I...
No meds or vaccines lately, I'm about to have a baby but that's a big change that hasn't happened yet. 
I didn't think of his diet...Well, I guess the last few weeks have been pretty hectic...I'm 8 mos. preg. so I haven't been the most conscientious cook.  He may have had a little more sugar than usual what with Easter and the extra trips to grandma's house, so I will watch that more carefully.  I seem to recall my aunt and uncle telling us how my younger cousin is not allowed to have sugar because it "makes him do stupid things".    On the other hand, ds also kind of...
So, I must have a very low tolerance for screeching and yelling and whining, because lately I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong with DS (21 mos.).  From the time we wake up until the time he falls asleep at night, it is almost constant screaming, demanding, and grunting.  One short month ago we could read books, play blocks, do errands all day with only minimal screaming and crying and throwing and frustration.  Whatever he's got in his hands (blocks, cup, toy, book)...
Has anyone ever made brownies without butter by subbing canned pumpkin?  All the recipes I've seen online do a combo of butter and pumpkin or pumpkin butter and I just want to use pumpkin.  I really want to make brownies but can't justify making them with two sticks of butter since they'll be gone by tomorrow evening.
Ok, now I can't stop eating Fage Total mixed with the prune Activia.  Can you eat too much yogurt?  I have also been craving red meat insatiably...good thing we can't afford it very often!
Ugh, by way of an update:  I have so, so failed over the past week.  Pride goeth before a fall...I thought I was doing great, checking in with DH about my attitude, welcoming opportunities to be patient, gloating about myself basically.  Then I woke up with a massive back spasm one day, and DS knocked over a blender full of pancake batter in the fridge, and I lost it.  I put him straight in his room for time out so I could clean up, so I avoided yelling at him per se,...
Hmmm...that's so weird.  I just had the strongest craving for labneh the other day.  I wonder if the antidepressant effect comes from the balancing of flora in the gut.  I've heard you have? absorb? serotonin in your intestines so it makes sense.  Still...it was a weird craving for me since I've only had it twice.  But the other day I was in the hospital eating rubbery eggs and I would have given anything for some middle eastern food.
I'm so glad I found this thread.  I just started an accountability thing with my husband where I basically use the 12 steps for overcoming anger and yelling one day at a time.  I just started today, though, and while I was able not to yell or get angry all day, it was an easy day because we spent most of it at my parents' house and church so ds was fully occupied and stimulated.  My 20 mo. old is very active and spirited and not many days go by where I'm not afraid for...
Ok, Abra, I'm just impressed.