or Connect

Posts by Jaimep

Gosh, I have nothing helpful to add, just wanted to say that I am right there with you all.   My son sounds just like Thomas. Your comment about how you glimpse the sweet boy sometimes and just want to get him back to that. UGH! It makes my heart hurt because I am right there with you. That is my son too. He can be so sweet to his little brother and the next moment raging at me about something. :(   We tried ADHD meds, just one round so far and it was a disaster....
I don't have much to add, just right there with you all.   I love it when people ask when I am due and I say Wed. and they look all shock.    HEre is one of my complaints:   Walking is uncomfortable because you have a head smashing against your pelvic area. Oh and today we were picking up the house and when I bent over I got a cramp in my belly muscle. Not a contraction or a BH but an actual charlie horse in my tummy muscle. OWW! Dang!
Congrats Mama. Love the name. :)
You are most definitely not crazy. Its seems you are doing the best of both worlds, planning a homebirth but getting monitored with a ultrasound and such to see the progress. I personally feel that the low interventions that occur with homebirth give the best chances of everything going smoothly. But like you said, I say this as a previous success story. I know others feel differently and I am sad for them and their loss or problems.   We are planning our second...
Hey ladies,   I don't read or post much but I am bored tonight. I am due on the 28th...next week.  Anyway, something I have found that works really well at night to stop the annoying BH's is Valerian. At the recommendation of my midwife i take the smallest dose of Valerian Root 30 drops and it helps to relieve the BH that are brought on by the end of the day stress your body is under. It won't stop real labor and it doesn't knock me out or anything. In fact I took it...
SaraDani21,   From all the reading and research I have done on this no, it should not happen again. The statisics say that it only happens in 1% of singleton births. So the fact that it happened to you at all is RARE. you have a 99% chance it won't happen again.  ALso from what I have read is that Ultrasounds only pick it up in about 50% of cases. Of course if you wanted them to specifically look for it then they would have a better chance of finding it. However, if...
SOunds good. You can also make a Panang Style Sauce with Red curry, coconut milk and the peanut butter.  Same ratio's as the green sauce just add about 1/2 cup peanut butter.
I politely disagree that it is important. They never did this test for our mothers generation and only did it when a person was showing signs of it. I think that is how it should be. If you are showing symptoms then get it run. I am a low intervention mindset of a person though, so this is just my opinion.   I will say that I had 2 hospital births and I did do the test for the reason others mentioned, I didn't want to fight this battle. However, with a midwife we...
My husband is Italian and so we have went with that theme for the kids names.   DD is Gioia (pronounced Joy-Ah) DS is Dominic DS#2 is Luca   Giovanni was in the running for a name last time but he was definitely a Luca. DH would be fine going with that but I am not 100%. We definitely are having trouble with a girls name. He likes Francesca but I am thinking everyone will call her Fran which is not my favorite at all. We like Cinza (pronounced Chin-zee-Ah)...
My Attachment Parenting group does a Cooking Club. Every month we make up meals and then swap. I make (for example) 5 pans of enchiladas and trade with the other 4 ladies. SO i come home with 4 freezer meals and keep one for myself. It is really fun and great.   Some ideas for the people with allergies is things like stirfry. You can cook the rice ahead of time, which is especially helpful if you use brown rice as it takes forever to cook. You can brown the meat...