or Connect

Posts by ShineMa

We also decided to find costumes and inspiration from around the house this year. So far I've spent $0.00 on costumes and it feels so good! The boys were even at a Halloween party today and everyone loved them! Ds(6) chose to be a biker, he looks so cute with a leather fringe jacket, vest and do-rag. Ds(8) was transformed into a mad scientist with a over-sized white dress shirt, glasses, dish gloves, crazy gelled and sprayed hair and a potion bottle. My dd(28mos)...
I can completely relate but on the level where I'm the only one who's expectations I can't reach. I love Emerging Butterfly's response and its given me so much to meditate on today. I hope you find your peace...
My little guys favorite 'toys' in the world are his wooden baseball bat, his glove and his baseball. (real one, not plastic) He'll spend hours in the yard batting, catching and making up imaginary baseball games. That may be a memorable gift for him? I think its very sweet of you to put so much thought into his gift! Good Luck! Edited to add, a baseball cap is a must as well... lol.
Oh I hear you! I'll never forget when ds3 pooped on the lego table... trying to clean it out of those grooves and indentations, big fun I tell you!
I agree with the pps! Allow yourself a nap. If you have trouble sleeping, settle down with a good book and a nice cup of tea... whatever you do to relax. Once my dd gets up from a nap she gets a snack right away and then I try to take her outside or for a walk. That usually helps give me that second wind that helps me get through the rest of the day.
I'm so sorry for all you're dealing with right now, your post and your sadness broke my heart. I can't give much advice regarding your rental problems but it sounds like you may have other options popping up. It may be a good thing you still have your belongings in boxes because you may not have to pack as much again if you are moving soon, right? As far as needing time to yourself in the morning, I can completely relate. I have the same personality type...
I am having a difficult time with my 22mo dd during her older brothers' soccer games/practices. I've tried to be as well prepared as possible, packing her own water bottle, soccer ball, stickers, books and snacks. This lasts all of 5mins and she's off trying to run onto the field to join her brothers. The entire hour I end up having to run, chase and carry her off the field which she now thinks is funny and laughs. My dh is unable to help due to his work schedule...
You've gotten some great suggestions and I'm going to use many of them myself, I know how difficult that dinner hour can be! One suggestion I have that works for me is to sit down with dd (20mos) about 45mins before I have to begin making dinner. I give her my complete attention and devote all my time to her. We play with her toys together and sing songs... whatever she's in the mood for. She's more likely to let me divert my attention to dinner after we've had our...
I sure hope your lo feels better soon and you get some rest! : Why I love being 'at home' today: Warm coffee and computer time Watching the chicadees gather their morning fill from the feeder outside Pajama kids lounging Fresh laundry folded Plans for a uneventful but fun day Thousands of little hugs and requests to be held, to nurse (its good to feel needed)
It is for many of my friends as well. We do things to break up the week and have our activities as well... I take dd with me for coffee outings, shopping, toddler gym and playdates, but I'm in my introverted glory when we have nothing scheduled. LOL, that's just me. I like to bake, do crafts, go for walks and just play around... just me and the kids. I agree that a busy day does tend to make it fly by but I'm always feeling that there is never enough time in the...