or Connect

Posts by jenyum

I'll be there every Thursday through October, so come any time.
Oh sorry, the Broadway farmers' market downtown. I have a booth there, with bubbles and play dough and chalk for the kids on a nice grassy area by the stage. It's on Broadway, between S 9th and S 11th, across from the Children's Museum, which is free every Thursday through August.
Hi Mamas, I hope you don't mind me stopping by after a long absence to start your August thread and let you know about Tacoma's World Breastfeeding Week Celebration, next Thursday. I'll be stuck at the market, but I encourage everybody to go. (Stop by the market and say hi afterward if you like, it's kids day!) Hillary Ryan of Wai Baby just sent me this press release: Tacoma Celebrates World Breastfeeding Week Mass Nurse-Out In the Park Scheduled Tacoma,...
I would have used one with my eldest, except dh was vehemently opposed to the subject. Now that I am a more experienced Mom (and partner) I would just go get one. His safety issues with the kids as a 6 foot tall fit male were totally different from mine as a five foot tall pregnant then carrying a newborn female. IMO, if mama (or any primary caregiver) feels that it is life and death, buy the harness. My eldest has always had an explosive temperement. She might give...
It's a relief to hear other people are letting their kids play outside for a bit unsupervised. I've been doing this on and off with my daughters (6 and almost 4) this year, with lots and lots of checking up, and my neighbor is convinced they will be snatched one day. The neighbors don't let their almost 8 year old out unless they are watching her (which is not very often). My eldest daughter is very large and loud for her age, and woe unto anyone who tried to mess...
Mama Ganoush: I have a Very Loud Child who notices everything also, this made me laugh. I've been working on talking to the kids about differences, I try to set aside a time like bedtime reading, when we have a lot of time to discuss it, and make it very clear to them that if they have a question about someone or they need to know something about them, that's fine, but come and talk to me or daddy in private later. We had a really terrifying discussion on MLK...
If you have insurance, when you switch make sure you tell the insurance company why. IME they usually ask.
We moved from a two bedroom apartment style condo in the bay area to a 4 bedroom house in Tacoma about 6 months ago, and I'd be extremely sad to go back. First, my eldest daughter is a loud, loud child. It's just her personality, she's very boisterous. I hated that I was constantly either shushing her or feeling like I should be. We had good neighbors, they never complained, but it was always this stress to keep her from disrupting everyone, especially at night. We...
My daughter went through her "go away" phase, too. She used to yell "Go Away" while clinging to me. She'd tell me to go away whenever anything didn't go her way. I think it was related to her increased physical separation from me at that age, she wanted to be independent but wasn't ready to really go through with it yet so she would just express it verbally. I think it's normal for two year olds to have a lot of anger about growing up that isn't related to any bad...
Oh my god, I have no advice. But this thread is too hilarious. When dd is younger I used to pretend I didn't know what she said, like "you mean your funny book?" But I can't think of anything to do with the word peepee.