or Connect

Posts by munchymum

I found reading sympathetic parenting books so helpful when I was struggling with high needs DD1.  They helped me to value the work I was doing, and to feel less alone.  There is a wonderful book called "What Mothers Do" by Naomi Stadlen which is just about the experience of being a mother, how hard it is, but how much common ground there is in the way we all feel.  Honestly, it made me feel "normal" even in the middle of my darkest moments.  Other AP-type books, like...
Ugh, this is a thread I needed to read today.  It must have been 5 or 6 weeks for us.  We've managed maybe 6 or 7 times since this baby arrived.  Finding time/energy with one kid is hard, but with two it's impossible.  I get no pressure from DP, but I feel guilty that I'm not making enough effort to "satisfy his needs" or something.  To have sex when we are not exhausted we would have to pick a day when DD1 is at nursery, schedule a day off work for DP and wait till DD2...
What a sweet story.  A year ago I would have doubted that my dd1 would ever wean, but we, too, are finally there.  I slept with dd2 for a spell after she was born, and dp slept with dd1.  That got her out of the habit of nursing in the morning, which was her only remaining 'habit' feed.  I continued feeding her when she asked, usually once or twice a day, often restricting it to a few seconds.  I think the tandeming did help her adjust to sharing me with a sibling in the...
Wish I'd seen this earlier.  We do No Poo.  I use baking soda and vinegar, but hardly any compared to what most sites say.  We put 2 tsps BS in a shampoo 250ml (half pint) bottle and that will do for 2 washes.  I mix cider vinegar and water at about 1 part vinegar to 5 parts water, and keep it in a spray bottle.  I spray a bit on my hair after the baking soda is rinsed out.  I do find that the BS has to be left on for about 5 mins to work, but the vinegar can be just put...
Maybe you're the lucky one if internal stimulation ever did the job for you!  Or is it just me that it doesn't quite do it for?! 
I couldn't live without a ring sling.  It's my goto carrier when I'm at home and baby is fussy - she goes to sleep so quickly in it.  I start her vertical in it, but she usually ends up sort of reclining sideways.  If the rings are a problem, you can let her lie on the opposite side of the sling, away from the rings. I'm not describing it very well but there are good videos on YouTube that show the different carries.  I have a Moby and it is definitely more comfortable...
And on the topic of cervixs, does anyone's feel lower?  After delivery, my mw said it was low from the birth and I would need to tighten up with kegels.  I've been doing that (and tightening stomach muscles) but it still feels a bit lower than before.  We have dtd and it didn't affect that.  I just wonder if it's there to stay or it will rise further.  I want another baby in the future and I really don't want a uterine prolapse  .
Since you've transitioned to exclusively feeding at the breast, it's entirely possible that your breastfeeding hormones are delaying your period.  Some people find that they have periods when they are working and pumping, but they stop again if they leave work and breastfeed exclusively (though of course you still could ovulate at any time).  Hope you get a nice bit of a rest from bleeding!
She has been going to pre-school for 2 mornings a week, and in January she'll be going 2 whole days.  So that will help.  We'll spend one day a week with grandparents too. I never planned to use pre-schools - I had my ideals of the child staying in the bosom of the family - but I am so looking forward to 9th Jan when it starts again!
Zippygirl, I second your tips on dealing with oversupply/forceful let-down.   Dionne, would it be worth checking your positioning and attachment?  Clicking can be a sign of a not-quite optimal attachment, and as you say, the air she's taking in could be giving her discomfort.  Just an idea.  I hear clicks when I lose concentration and let my baby slip down too low, and she has a hard time maintaining suction.