or Connect

Posts by viralmom

I love this post bc I recently took my girls to the beach and one of them collected a whole bag full of feathers! She became literally obsessed with collecting every feather she came across. I made sure the girls washed up when we got home, but I never considered the feathers a threat. It was especially funny because I used to collect feathers at the beach as a child as well.
How to foster cultural awareness at a young age We learn a lot from our parents—including the things we want to do differently in raising our own children. There are many things my parents have instilled in me for which I now intend to pass along to the next generation, like the importance of cherishing relatives, the pleasure of keeping family recipes alive, a love for all things outdoors, not to mention an ear for great music like The Stones and Dylan (yes, I am a...
I think I've stumbled on to something really great. In hosting an au pair for my childcare needs, I've found it is not only full time childcare but a cultural learning experience for my children as well. Our au pair is from france and the children are picking up basic french words. Since their language skills are still developing I'm surprised at how well their pronunciation is! Much better than mine has ever been (I've taken high school and some college french). In...
In my 20s, up until starting birth control, and then after stopping birth control, I was always extremely EXTREMELY irregular. I'm talking one period in two months, and time spans of period varying from 3 days to 5 days, always coming at unexpected times. This always worried me because I thought it'd be very difficult to concieve and even feared infertility. But then when my husband and I started trying for kids it only took a few months. I've always been curious to know...
Hi ladies, Just joined the mothering community. Have 2 precious kids that I love more than life and a great husband. I'm a working mom, luckily I get to do it from home a large percentage of the time. Live in northern CA, love all things outdoors. Getting more and more web savvy by the day, happy to be part of the community!