or Connect

Posts by mamaluvspirates

I wouldn't feel guilty asking for the money...food isn't cheap, and why should you take money our of your family's budget to feed a child that isn't even yours?? Definitely, ask for the money if you don't mind having the child there.   But, on the other hand, don't feel guilty if you need to terminate care altogether! I'm not sure that I would have the patience to be intervening constantly in those little arguments all day long...
That's exactly what I did 1.5 years ago! I thought it would be good to get out of the house and do something that involved my brain a little bit lol. I work as a dr's receptionist on Saturdays and I love it. The day goes by so quickly (busy office) and I love being good at something other than my kids. Plus, hubby gets a day with the kids and they do fun stuff like go to McDonalds and the park. It's worked out very well for us.
I have no desire to have a career, but I have a Saturday job that I enjoy. I think a job and a career are two way-separate things: I enjoy having that little bit of extra money to spend on renos or to put into savings, but I have no desire to turn that job into a full-time gig. Ever.
My mom stayed home, but she was a different SAHM than I wanted to be. She did all the cleaning/cooking and we just sort of puttered around...I don't remember her doing much with us at all. She was just expected to be home with the kids. Myself, this is my chosen field so to speak .
To the OP...I know it's heartbreaking to think that your father doesn't approve of your choices, but you need to stand up for yourself and your family's choices. Tell him in no uncertain terms that you understand that he has a low opinion of your role in your family, but please don't let him speak to you like that. Just let him know that you are very happy in your role as a mom and that you will have to agree to disagree on this one...and that is the last you will speak...
I just found out recently that some people don't eat broccoli stems lol...I always thought that people just peeled it, sliced it and steamed it along with the florets. That's what my mom always did, that's what I do now . If there's even a spoonful of leftover veggies, I throw it in a freezer container and the next time I make soup I throw whatever is in that container in the pot. Any bits of leftover mashed potato goes into a different freezer container, and...
We didn't really talk about it before we got married, and in hindsight, I can now say that I was darn lucky that we have the same ideals now. I wasn't really a career girl, but we didn't make much money between the two of us and I knew that I didn't want to be in an apartment forever so I thought I would need to work f/t. But after my maternity leave was up and I realized that I was missing so much while my baby was at a sitter, I came home one day and told my husband...
I had 2 kids, gave away all of my maternity clothes, then decided to have one more baby. I sewed 2 pairs of black maternity pants and one blouse, then added a couple of t-shirts. I decided that everything had to be in shades of blue or black so that everything went together, and that made it much easier to only have 5 of 6 items in my wardrobe. Right now, I'm a SAHM so I have 2 pairs of jeans, 4 tshirts (which double as pj tops), and 2 yoga pants for exercising that...
We used our tax return one year to buy a treadmill. It's in the basement in front of the tv, so I can watch a show or a DVD or sometimes I just listen to music. It's my time and I guard it. Sometimes one of the big kids will join me, and sit on the couch to watch tv but most of the time it's just me. DH watches the toddler . I just realized that you said you prefer a social environment...the treadmill works for me because I'm anti-social and don't like people lol.
I'm a SAHM, DH works out of the house. When he is home, it is 50/50. Your DH gets the whole weekend to himself?? That's only ok if you're ok with it.