or Connect

Posts by quest4quiet

I just got a Panasonic Lumix ZS6 and am really enjoying it. It's a point and shoot, but has a fairly wide lens and allows quite a bit of control (including manual settings for shutter speed and aperture). If you don't want to bother with manual settings, the "intelligent auto" works surprisingly well. I wanted something a bit more portable (and affordable) than a dslr, but wanted to be able to experiment a bit more with photos.  
We use this kit http://www.amazon.com/American-Lawn-Mower-SK-1-Sharpening/dp/B00004R9UM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306732107&sr=8-1 It's not too tricky to do and it does a great job sharpening the blades.
We live in northeast PA and have been using an insert to heat for about 4 years. for reference, the house is about 1500sq feet, one story. We had an old Buck Stove insert and last summer replaced it with a Regency I2400 insert. What a difference. The old stove was basically a metal box w/ a blower on it. The new one is miles more efficient. We still have a blower. Much smaller firebox than the old one, but we get a longer burn from a full box than we did before. We go...
I like how the different soaps have different themes. I usually use almond and it's mostly about romantic love/relationships while the unscented my kiddos use mentions something about the birth control methods of arctic white owls???
DD was mini-me...until she outgrew me this year. I guess now she's mega-me, lol. All of a sudden I'm looking up at her.  It's definitly more looks than personality, though. She is definitely her father's daughter. It was always term of endearment for us.
+1 for the Nook. I have the non-color version and LOVE it. If you use Calibre (free software-like a media manager for digital books), you can convert just about any format to be combatible. The latest firmware from B&N really worked out a lot of the kinks it had, mainly library organization/search issues. They really seem to listen to their users as far as what functionality to offer. If you don't have an issue with a backlight, the Nook color can be hacked to make one...
It's very unfortunate that the matching possum fur g-string in the description is a dead link.
Ok, so this is also OT, but a google of possum fur clothing eventually got me here http://www.nznature.co.nz/Product-Detail_26.aspx?categoryid=44&productid=24 and I had to share. Absolutely made of awesome.
DS's is mid-back. We just waited it out until he could put it behind his ears. He was hellbent on no ponytails/headbands.
Use the landscape. I live in a hilly area and drive stick, so I spend a LOT of time in neutral. Averaging 40+ mpg in a Vibe.