or Connect

Posts by november

I can relate SO much to what you said, OP. My husband and I are grieving this in a bit of a different way because we found out that he sterile back in February after medical treatment a couple of years ago so we were not intending to head down this route. I feel like we are inching closer and closer to stopping with our first child because fertility treatments are not something I'm interested in and adoption is out of the question financially. I wonder some of the same...
Coming back to add that my DD had very few words until she hit about 20-22 months and then it just happened overnight and she was practically talking in full sentences. She had just been holding out on us! ;) LOL
I just did my best to avoid comparison. I followed my gut instinct and tried to avoid comparing what she was doing with what everyone else's kid was doing. Compared to some kids, she was WAY ahead in certain areas and way slow in others (slow to talk, for example). I agree w/ the others, so long as there's not an issue of being consistently behind and your gut instinct tells you he's okay despite what little Johnny over there is doing, I'm sure everything will be okay....
Well, I just updated my blog with their response. Even more concerning because they chalk it up to being completely normal. Sick, sick, sick. And you can tell it's happened before because they brushed it right off! Red flag for me.
Holy. Crap. Has anyone else ever had this happen before? I just found a MOLDY TAMPON in my brand new package of Kotex Tampons. Yeah, you read that right - moldy. Straight out of the box, in it's sealed little packaging ... moldy. Bad moldy. See for yourself!   Can you even BELIEVE THAT??? :yuck: :yuck: And to think, if I hadn't accidentally popped half the tampon out of the applicator while I was getting it out of the packaging, I...
My twin sister is my best friend. :)
This is, hands down, my favorite recycled item EVER, lol! I thought you might get a kick out of a project my husband and I spent a few weeks working on. We re-purposed an old entertainment center that we had and didn't use and we turned it in to a play kitchen for my daughter instead! I thought other "green" mamas would appreciate that we didn't just take it to the dump. I'm too lazy to re-type it all (*blush*) but here's a link to it on my blog :...
My daughter is barefoot 100% of the time at home, and A LOT of the time even when we're playing outside. She does wear shoes whenever we leave the house, however. I'm always barefoot, too, so it's not something I put much thought in to.
I didn't find a need for one w/ DD, personally. I'm sure that has a lot to do w/ the fact that she is my only child so she had 100% of my attention and I didn't really NEED one. I am not the biggest fan of the idea but if a child is okay with it, I don't see the harm in it if used sparingly, you know? I babysit a friend's little girl the other day who is 9 months old and in to EVERYTHING and I put her in the play pen for about five minutes and was thankful I had it. I...
My daughter's never been sick but if she was, I'd do it in a New York minute. Sometimes when you feel like hell, you just want to veg out.