or Connect

Posts by dahlialia

I have a 2.5 year old who is still nursing.   I have PCOS that's not being controlled with bcp, metformin, and spironolactone.  I am in a lot of pain.   The next option would be danazol (danocrine).  I'm not finding much information about it's safety while nursing a toddler.
I'm so sorry for your loss.  That somehow seems so inadequate to say.   Would there be a possibility of talking to a grief counselor?  You might be able to find someone who specializes in grief processes in kids, who could give you some ideas on helping them.
Dd2 is idk, teething? She is 20 months and recently got one of her 2 year molars She's woken twice an hour since bedtime. Usual for her is every 1-2 hours. I can handle that, but not this. I simply cannot sleep, not knowing whether I have 15 or 45 mins to do so, and to be honest it's taking all I have not to scream at her or run away. I've given her Tylenol and advil (first time ever for both) but it's not helping. I also had a migraine this evening before this even...
IDK if you want info from no-longer-onlies;   After DD1 I was 100% committed to only having one; DH was pretty much on the fence.  We opted to not do anything permanent until we both felt we were "too old".  5.5 years later, I had a complete change of heart.   When we told people we were expecting DD2 they all assumed she was a surprise :lol:
My DD1 was 6 1/2 when DD2 was born.  When we first told her, she cried and cried LOL.  What ultimately helped was when she could visualize what her role would be (she loved to plan that when DD2 was crawling she'd build mazes for her in the living room), and also we made her a "big sister in training" t-shirt that got her a lot of positive attention about it.  And, we let her be the one to tell a lot of people.   The Dr Sears "What Baby Needs" book was the only one...
We don't try to make things fair by the hour - our roles, needs, experiences, and personalities are all far too different for that to work.  So no 50/50.  We both try to give 100% of what we can to our family & home, and try to get both of us 100% of what we need, and as much as we can of what we want.   For us, that looks like DH giving me a lot of breaks; I'm an introvert with a lot of health problems so being home with a teething toddler who doesn't sleep alone...
We don't go in for an overwhelming number of presents (generally 3 each), so they are balanced number-wise because of that.   Dollar value isn't so important at this age (DD1 is 7, DD2 is 1).  And it would be hard to match up - DD2 is getting a fantastic rocking horse I found at the second hand store for $15, DD1 is getting an ipod that is worth 10 times that.
Thanks for all the insights.   DH and I discussed it more.  During the week we will have things like fruit salad, warm peach slices with cinnamon, and the occasional (wholegrain, low sugar) baked fruit dessert.  Friday and Saturday nights we will have the option of something richer/sweeter: ice cream, homemade banana cake, etc.   DD1 has a very sweet tooth (as do I), and I want her to have some moderate outlet for it so she learns balance while the choices are...
We have a 7 year old DD, and a 16 month-old DD.   Up until now, we've all had dinner together, then DH, DD1 & I have a little treat after DD2 has gone to bed.   This isn't working so well, for 2 reasons.  DD2 is going to bed later some nights, and I'd rather if we are having something sweetened, to have it WITH dinner (i.e. with protein).   However, if we eat it with dinner, even if I expend more effort to make sure it's always fruit based, wholegrain,...
My DD (almost 16 months) is fairly easygoing, and generally doesn't *want* to tantrum, so she will take an easy out, if given.  If I have to say no to something, and she starts screaming, I can usually suggest an acceptable alternative and she'll calm and agree.   Sometimes I have success with finding a way not to say no, like "yes, we can do X, but we are having lunch first.  Lunch, then X.".  or "yes, I know you want that game, but it is your sisters.  Not for you....