or Connect

Posts by ChaoticMum

Congrats on the birth of your boys! I hope they continue to be as strong!
My daughter did this - to the point that at 6mths of age my Mum told me 'there is something wrong with her' after me telling her for months what she did.... The crying out continued for a few years - and now, at 8 she has outgrown it. It progressed to the point that we connected her having to pee with the outbursts. If we got her up to the toilet and she peed, she went right back to sleep. That was the last stage of it anyway. I also found it got worse when she was...
Congrats twin momma! Its a roller coaster ride, but 14mths later I wouldn't trade it for anything! How awesome about the vbac!!!
Our 5yr old Lab X Pyrenees is 1mth from his retest to see if a round of Amoxil worked to treat his Lyme. His levels were very low, but definitely clinical so we went with the Amoxil first instead of Doxy. So far he shows no symptoms of the disease, so I'm no help with the other things you mentioned.
First off, I'm really leery of hydrocortizone cream in little ones - its a corticosteroid and I'd be cautious with how much you use it without doctor's instructions (not sure if maybe a doc prescribed it as you haven't mentioned, but thought I'd throw that out there). Anyway - about your question - its possible - an allergy shows itself not with the first contact with the allergen, but subsequent. The only way to know for sure is to wait til this rash is completely gone,...
yep - totally typical of all of mine too. I kinda liked it - it was my reassurance that all was okay...
Sounds like they need to be stripped - meaning that they likely have a buildup of soap in them. It can happen normally - but happens quickly if you use to much laundry soap. The best way I find to get rid of this is to wash them about 3 times in a row in super hot water - with no soap at all. This is a great site for advice on diapers http://www.zany-zebra.com/stripping-cloth-diapers.shtml I'm not on very often, so not sure if I can answer any more questions but will...
nope - no freak! I remember feeling something like that further along (we didn't find OUT it was twins til 21wks). I do believe it was because I was dehydrated - so it took more than one glass of water to do the trick....it also was when I'd been on my feet qutie a bit that morn, so I had to rest for more than just 15min for it to pass.
I had a section and breast fed the Duo - along with looking after my older 3 kids and only my husband for help, along with finishing the build on our house (we lived in a camper the first 2 weeks of the Duo's out-utero life, as we call it). I was able to exclusively bf them to 7mths before we had to add some supplemental formula (I can't pump worth a darn and I needed a break!!!) I'm not sure what I did special tho, bf'ing is just a way of life for me. I know that i made...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gena 22 How could that happen if they both had their own placentas and equal access to everything? Her cord was fine, I remember seeing that too. But you can never tell if they had equal access. One placenta may have been bigger, one cord may have been inserted just slightly more 'perfectly' etc etc. This can happen with mono/di's also - the cords may not be inserted so they share the placenta 'perfectly even' -...