or Connect

Posts by ChaoticMum

Quote: Originally Posted by littlest birds Be prepared to be submerged in dealing with the basics for a good long while. Survival basics. Food water sleep love. Keep plenty of water where you can reach it if you are trapped on the couch for a long time with one sleeping against you, one nursing, and then switch and you don't want to move and disturb anyone. I often had one baby in arms and one in an old fashioned simple bouncy seat that I bounced with...
I'm really tempted to print out a pamphlet on "twins" and pass it out to those who stop to ask questions. Just say "Here - all the answers you'll ever need and then some" and pass them a paper.
CONGRATS!! I have 9mth old twin boys - who DID share a placenta - and they were also our last (only 4 and 5 for us tho! )
I totally agree with Karen and my Duo are only 9.5mths. Already we've found that altho Z was the fussier as a baby up to about 5mths, L is the 'Sensitive Soul' now. When we go places that are new and loud its L that needs to be held and reassured whereas Z will just head right into the chaos with a grin. Yet HE was the one who squawked and fussed and needed to be worn 24/7 a few months ago. Treat them according to their personalities and give them what they need at the...
Whoever mentioned the hysterical laughter and then the panic?? Yah. That was me. I was 21wks and laughed this maniacal laughter the entire way home from my u/s trying to figure out how to tell my husband that our OOPS that was bringing us #4 was actually #4 AND 5. We had no house to live in - our was under construction and not due to be completed til 1 week prior to my DUE date.....we were living in a 31ft quad bunk trailer...... I felt joy that my babes were growing...
Would your 4yr old fit in a stroller??? I know that by 3yrs of age my olders were totally DONE with strollers - no way on earth. What about bikes? What if you got a bike trailer for the little one - that fits two in case you need it for the two younger ones and then go biking instead?
Quote: Originally Posted by Intertwined While I slept less with my twins, they were WAY easier to deal with than my fourth baby. She had to be held constantly, cried constantly, nursed constantly. I mean, I don't know that I was able to take a shower or eat without her screaming for the first six months of her life. I did everything with one arm. She would ONLY nap if she was on my back (and was NOT a light child!). It was really, really hard.I prayed...
Quote: Originally Posted by SunshineH My twins are #5 and #6, so it was with lots of nervousness we welcomed them home. Having other kids makes it hard to find time for everyone. But there are lots of positives. My DH has said a few times that he thinks people are just waiting to hear the "how terrible it is to have twins" stories, because they can't imagine how we do it. Then they are shocked when we say it's not so bad. I was blessed with a...
I co-slept til about 5-6mths when rolling in their sleep became a common occurance. too many other factors to keep it safe. I laid both babes in the middle (DH works nights so I am on my own at night) and I laid down to nurse one babe, fell asleep. when other babe woke to feed I got up, over and nursed him - and went back to sleep. I got Amazing sleep during those first 5mths....ahhh I miss it! LOL
Quote: Originally Posted by nd_deadhead The most interesting thing, I think, was that one grew taller than the other when they were 3 or 4 (they are 15 now, so I forget exactly when things happened). B had a nasty stomach bug, threw up a lot and hardly ate anything for almost a week. He ate like a pig the following week to make up for it - but during that time, his brother had a growth spurt. B never quite caught up in height - I think he was...