or Connect

Posts by ChaoticMum

crashing to say CONGRATS!!! I remember that surprise when we found out there were two in there! Now I have two sitting in front of me grinning at me!
I'm checking in just cuz I have a few minutes, but I hear you! My first born was exactly what you described and I had a friend whom thought my baby was high needs because of how I was while pregnant. I was stressed by many things and she said since she was calm, that made the difference between her easy baby and my hard baby. We actually parted ways for quite awhile because of this difference in attitude. We reconnected when she had her 3rd and 4th - twins who were...
Congrats!!!!!! I know your shock - we found out about our duo at 21wks also! No clue before then! A good book to read is by Barbara Luke When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads. eat LOTS of protein - I also drank an Ensure twice daily to get the extra protein in. I wish I'd known about the protein sooner as my duo may have been bigger (but at 6.5lb each I can't complain). I'm no experience in GOOD twin deliveries, I had a section as A was transverse and...
Quote: Originally Posted by f&p'smama Oh I used to say the same thing -- my kids can hear you! They do speak English! Having a boy after twin girls, all I would hear every time I left the house was, "You FINALLY got your boy!" As if all I'd been doing was running all over town saying how I was hoping for a boy. I remember a cashier at the grocery store literally yelling this to me as we attempted to walk out the door. I know I'm late on this...
I agree - u/s is only way to know for sure. I had more RL pain with each child. My 3rd child (4th pg) was actually the worst, with the twins being my 5th pg. I didn't even know I was pg wiht twins til 21wk u/s. No clue. Measured one week ahead, not overly huge, no m/s (worse with my singleton daughter!) I'd have carried to the end and not known if not for that u/s if I'd have UC'd. Because I KNEW there were two, I could find two bums and one head usually (Lane's head...
I was 21wks when we found out we were having twins, was measuring only 1 wk ahead and people didn't even realize I was pregnant - I had a bigger belly than I'd ever had before at that stage, but smaller still than a lot of people at 21wks with singletons. So - belly size was NOT an indication of twins for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Intertwined 2) Intense stabbing pain in your cervix can mean a breech baby. I could tell when Claire was breech because Oh. My. Gawd. the intense stabbing pains from her kicking my cervix could literally take my breath away! Oh TOTALLY that!!!!!! Zachary was footling breech and the pain was insane. I also had the awful pain starting about 33wks. It got to the point in the week before I delivered (at 38w2d) that...
I was looking at that woombie for my Duo......they bust their arms out of the the swaddles but yet settle amazing when they ARE swaddled. They like their hands up by their face tho, so I'm not sure I could still do that in the woombie.. Anyway - I'm of the 'do whatever works' camp too!!
The papaya helped me early on. About 28wks and thereafter I ate a steady diet of Gaviscon Foaming Tablets. I would just pop one at a time when it really HURT, and that would tame it for a short period of time. I also found rolling....pardon me, HEAVING my body to the right caused it to just come right up!
The papaya helped me early on. About 28wks and thereafter I ate a steady diet of Gaviscon Foaming Tablets. I would just pop one at a time when it really HURT, and that would tame it for a short period of time. I also found rolling....pardon me, HEAVING my body to the right caused it to just come right up!