or Connect

Posts by ChaoticMum

I had never heard of the lead in regular hoses.... Just don't do what my husband did - he bought a clear green hose - thought it would be great as he could SEE the water, right??? Yah, well, it was a garden WATERING hose - with tonnes of little holes in it...as I'm sitting on the porcelain throne I felt this wonderful cool refreshing spray on my face and chest -as the did the entire floor in the 6' span from the sink to the pool! LMBO Thank goodness my midwife had...
I agree with the PP - its frozen, so there is no way to turn it, and it just gets covered with snow. I bag the autumn leaves and store them where they will stay dry, then in the spring I mix them in with the compost to make sure its not too wet with the melting snow. We also have a homebuilt composter that we put a 'lid' on for the winter to stop TOO much snow from going in (just a version of pallets) and that also stops the bigger critters if they did get too curious. ...
I have had two 'air' births and one waterbirth - thankfully the waterbirth was the one where I delivered my 10.5lb son with no tears!! LOL The water was AMAZING. With my first two deliveries I wanted to be in the water soooooooooo bad, but the first I had only a shower avail in the hospital, and the 2nd, a homebirth, I had only a regular tub - not enough to submerge my belly, nor safe to kneel and lean over as my body wanted me to. The third?? a pool in our bedroom and...
I also never took classes - and all three were midwife attended. I found the midwives answered my questions enough that I really didn't need to find a class. My first homebirth was an unplanned homebirth and I did just fine - just listen to your body and your midwife and they'll give you the information you need!
Well, having had two successful homebirths, my first instinct is to say go with upstairs because of the proximity to the bathroom - but that could be because with both my homebirths I had the MAJOR urge to empty my bowels soon before delivering - the first 45min before, and the 2nd 50min before - and I can't imagine going DOWN a set of stairs to get to the pool...... As for seating - that likely is the least of the worries as I know my midwives and husband were...