or Connect

Posts by vegancat

I love the snuggles and sweet little snores from her side of the bed.
Does anyone know if you need to have a normal period before going on the mini pill? I have a prescription but haven't started them yet because I didn't want to do anything to interfere with breastfeeding, but now that DD has cut down so much on nursing I'd like to start some kind of birth control.
Thanks everyone! Doing it again in three weeks and looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time
I'm Cat, I'm mama to one DD 17 months. I'm here to listen to other mama's ideas on how to simplify and be more organised. I've just increased the amount of time I WOH to four days per week which has many benefits but I need to be organised about it so that when I'm home I can spend as much time as possible with DD rather than rushing about trying to get things done for the week. I think it's an overabundance of material stuff, a lack of storage, and a very full...
I haven't been on here for ages, just have been snowed under with things really and didn't visit much after I first joined up. I've come back though and leafed through old posts to find this one to add to it. Well, I did it - made it to the Silver finish which was 30 miles of biking and 28 miles of hiking but man, the expressing at every rest stop was torture and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!! I was knackered and my breasts felt bruised from alternately being...
Thank you for the replies, and especially thank you for the article Steph! sapphire_chan, I only asked the HV about DD's waking in the night to make sure there wasn't a developmental or medical reason why she might be waking because she'd had a few back to back stomach bugs and viruses and I just wanted to make sure she had recovered because we'd had a hard time shifting them. To be honest, the only reason we stopped in at the Health Visitor's was because the last time...
DD is 16 months old now and I haven't had a period since three months before she was conceived... 28 months ago. We're still nursing about 3 or 4 times a day on days that I'm home. I'm starting to wonder if it's going to come back, not that it's missed!
DH and I have been cosleeping with DD since she was born. She's now 16 months old and sleeps in a toddler bed beside our bed. She doesn't quite sleep through the night yet - still wakes up once or twice a night (more if she's been sick or is teething etc) and will nurse around 3am two or three times a week. I work part time and cosleeping has been a way to spend time with DD and feel connected. I don't see anything wrong with it and DH and I both quite enjoy being...
My LO is going to be a year old at the end of the month and I've been expressing milk for her since I went back to work two months ago. She still nurses quite a bit during the day (about 4 times) and then during the night too. I was really starting to wonder if we were 'normal' doing it this way especially since no one else in the nursery we go to seems to be.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama_Gaia ... now the longest seems to be 1-2 hours.. and most days, no naps except in arms while in motion and attached to my breast..., i have today committed to reverse the bad habit i have created, where i stay up and waste time and let him sleep at the breast for hours on end simply because i so psychologically dread trying to set him down alone, or transfer both him and i into lying in our bed, and thus waking him and...