or Connect

Posts by woodsymommyof3

We're having a horrible problem with them. The house next to us has an inground pool. It's also been vacant and in foreclosure for over a year. The pool is half filled with disgusting water. We can't go outside without being eaten alive. The county isn't in a rush to do anything either.
Quote: Originally Posted by MandyGail I cant remember the exact name of the park, but we went camping in Western MD - there is a zoo close by called the cotactin mountain zoo - so cute! Maybe its Cunningham State Falls park? I think its close to Thurmont. We loved it there This is where I was going to say. Cunningham Falls State Park and Catoctin Mountain Park. They're in the same are of Thurmont. There's a lake with a beach and the...
I'm so sorry you and your son are going through this. I can relate to a lot of what you're going through (although not the abuse your poor child has dealt with). My DS will be 8 next week. By the time he was 6, he had been kicked out of 3 different programs because of his violent outbursts, meltdowns, and aggression. Up until that point, we had tried various therapies but nothing really seemed to be helping him. At that point, we had a complete neuro-psych...
My parents lived in Rodgers Forge and my mom is now in Anneslie (across York Road). I think it is a decent mix leaning more towards the liberal side, based on the large amount of liberal political signs I see each election year. IMO, it's a great area for raising kids with great schools, shopping, library, etc.
DS was 4.5 before he finally "got" the whole potty thing. And even now at 7.5, when he is hyper-focusing, he has accidents. And he still wears pull ups at night. The pull ups at night are a recent thing. He was having so many accidents at night (4-5 a week) and it was stressing him out and I was getting tired of washing sheets on a daily basis. Now, he isn't stressing about it and is actually having far fewer night time accidents. I know for DS, his body just...
Quote: Originally Posted by Momof3boysinNC I know the cause of my children's autism - genetics. They come from a long line of quirky people. Yes, this predates the Civil War and vaccines. My children cannot be 'cured' nor would I want them to be cured. What I do want is for them to live life to their fullest potential and I see that is entirely possible. There are many many causes of autism. So I would think there would be many many 'cures'. I know...
Quote: Originally Posted by momtoS Okay, went to the IEP meeting yesterday.....and the teacher has a concern with my daughter playing alone or parallel with her peers. ALOT. She just turned 5 a couple weeks ago. She has Sensory processing disorder.... Should I be concerned? When is it age appropiate to parallel play? From what I understand, generally around 3, kids start interacting and playing co-operatively. I know the Parallel playing...
Quote: Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow I have noticed the 4 ticket sort of thing when we were looking into trips. We have 3 kids, so that would leave us having to add on one to everything. So I definitely see what you are saying. It wasn't so bad when they were under 3, because hotels don't care. But now that they are older, it is SO difficult to find a hotel room/travel package that allows 5 people. Travel packages always seem to be...
Do they have the AMC Sensory Friendly Movies where you are? It's a once a month Saturday morning movie where the lights are left up, the volume is turned down and it's ok for the kids to be standing up, taking a break, etc. DS loves being able to go to the movies like his siblings.
I think it is cyclical. At various times, each of them has been more difficult. And a lot of it is due more to the child's personality than sex. I have 2 boys and a girl. My oldest (16 yr old boy) was the easiest child ever. If I could have had a dozen more kids like him, I would have. He was just a very mellow, go with the flow baby and then kid. Then, when he was 2 I had my DD. She's 14 now. She made me want to pull my hair out. She was high energy and high...