or Connect

Posts by AndtheStars

Rosie - I think that my DH is going to be very careful for a couple months and then he's going to get cocky and think that he's got this cycle thing down and then we're going to have the oops.  That's my plan anyway (Insert devious smiley here).  I told him that I would chart my cycle on the family calendar and I always synch with the moon so he can pretty much figure that 5 days before and 2 days after a full moon is the danger zone.  It's not rocket science.  And I am...
Hi guys!   I'd like to join in the fun.  DH is adamant that we are done but I've put him in charge of all birth control so we know how this story is going to end   Please put me in Waiting to be Ready.  Still nursing DS #2 (14 mos) about 3-4 times during the day and a gazillion times at night...not really but still about every 2 hours.  It feels like a gazillion.    First PPAF showed up on July 6 and was a doozy.  Those first two days, I actually considered...
MrsGale - If you carry your weight in your thighs/butt, I would say get a size up pants.  I too started out at 5' 4", maybe 145 lb before my first DS and was into a size large maternity pant pretty early.  The belly band is also a good idea and you can use it post-partum too which is a bonus.  And if you want completely unsolicited advice about extra tricks to help TTC along, let me know.  I'm obsessed with TTC and would happily join the ONE Thread where all my...
Hi All!   Wife of Ant - I bet I'll have you beat for being here the longest because I might never leave!  DH is firm, firm, firm that we are done but he is waiting 2 years to have a vasectomy.  That means I have two years to convince him that we are not done.    I feel in my heart that we are meant to have 3 and I would rather have the third sooner, rather than later.  If I got pregnant towards the end of this year, that would be about a little over two year...
Micah_mae_ - I'm going to share my experience with abnormal paps and birth.   I have abnormal Paps because of HPV all the time.  Anytime there is an ASCUS + HPV result, they will do a colposcopy.  The colposcopy comes back with a grade.  Here's the scoop on the grading system(s).  There are two of them.   ASCUS (Atypical Cells of Undetermined Significance): An ASCUS pap smear result is considered to be mildly abnormal. This is the most common type of abnormal...
Yes, thank you!  Screaming is definately the issue that I need to work on the most. 
Shrug...maybe it was guineas but I really thought the mama that told me about her success said chickens...either way, if I had the space and zoning ok, I'd guinea/chicken for ticks in a heartbeat.
Are chickens an option for you?  I've heard good things about chickens and tick control.  I guess it only works if they are free-range and have access to most of your yard.  But maybe a pen by the garden?
Hi!   I'm here in Lancaster County too!  I see Dr. Weinhold in Mount Joy for our chiropractor.  He is wonderful.  Reasonably priced too.  His office right next to the Mount Joy Library which is a great small library so you can always take the kids before or after.   We go to Manor Family Health in Millersville for our family doctor.  We selective/delay vac and they have been fine with it so far.  I just wave around the CDC Delayed Vac schedule and the doctors...
Thank you for posting this, OP.  I needed these reminders and I will try my best to remember your steps as I think they will be helpful for me.  My 3.75 yr old DS seems to be testing me in the same way that your DS is testing you.  I also have an almost 1 year old who is bearing the brunt of DS1's testing skills.