or Connect

Posts by AndtheStars

I had a procedure done last Friday that required anesthesia. I specifically asked the anesthesiologist about breast feeding and he said it was fine. He used a gas (I didn't catch the name of) and propofol. I declined the versed they usually give before you even get to the OR and woke up about 10 minutes after the surgery feeling great. I went home about an hour and a half after surgery and nursed my 7 mo DS with no effects whatsoever. I think the key to feeling good...
This might sound ridiculous and maybe I'm just buying into the early reading=success mainstream mantra but I'm worried that my 7 mo DS doesn't like to read...AT ALL! I try to read books to him daily but all he wants to do is eat the book. We stick with board books for this reason though I've tried regular books out of his reach and the result is the same. I've tried reading in bed when we wake up, before and after naps, sitting in the rocker, sitting on the floor, in...
Mary McClane (based in Millersville but will travel) was my HB midwife and she was fantastic. I ended up having to transfer to Women's place at Heart of Lancaster and was pretty happy with my experience. I did end up with a natural childbirth despite the transfer. Mary is really wonderful though and I highly recommend her. She is a preferred or accepted provider for many health insurance plans also which is wonderful.
I was so happy to see this thread as I was thinking about this same thing this morning. My DS is 7 mos and while I work PT OTH, every other minute of the day, I'm with DS. That's just what feels right. While I do get frustrated sometimes and wish that DH would step up more on evenings and weekends, I feel like something's missing when DS isn't on my hip. I've considered the fact that I might not have any friends left when my attachment to DS has relaxed a little since...
Raw organic shea butter has been a lifesaver for DS's ezcema. They sell big tubs of it on Amazon for a reasonable price. DH has started to use it for his work-chapped hands too.
My DS seemed to go through the same thing as your DD. From 3 mos to 6 mos, he screamed whenever I wasn't around. He wasn't even ok with DH although he would do in a pinch if he had been screaming for awhile. He's just shy of 7 mos now and is fine. I don't know what changed. My parents and my IL's were with him for 2-3 hours twice or three times a week since he was born and it seemed like at 6 mos he actually started to recognize them and like being in their care. I'm...
Thanks guys! I knew that it was probably ok but I was so used to seeing the huge numbers up until now that it made me second guess my mama-sense. He has dropped in the percentiles somewhat but he's still above 50. It's good to hear that others are seeing the same thing with their LO's. Totally off topic...is anyone else really, really ready for spring? I like winter and all and like living someplace with 4 seasons but this is getting ridiculous!
Alright mamas, help calm me down. I have been stewing about this for two weeks going back and forth. DS went for his 6 month checkup two weeks ago. He only gained a pound from his visit at 4 mos. and gained less than an inch in height. The dr didnt seem too concerned, saying that it's possible he had a growth spurt right before his 4 mo visit which skewed the numbers. He was EBF up until the week before the 6 month visit when we started giving him tastes of solids. ...
so funny that you asked this...DH and I were just wondering this last night! Good article!
I too bring my now-6 mos old to work with me. I went through this with him around the same age. We tried wraps, snugglis, slings etc. My DS hated (!) to be swaddled so I think that he disliked the confinement of a carrier. I kept at it though and ended up with a karmababy sling/pouch that allowed him to kind of be upright, sitting in the pouch with his arms free. This is the only place that he napped for 3 months (We've now moved onto an Ergo, which he seems to be...