or Connect

Posts by victoriasmommy86

when we set up the agreement. I suggest $100 a week and 1 hour of visitation twice a week. He agreed to the hours with DD but negotiated down to $75 a week for the CS. I didn't make a fuss b/c I didnt want to go to court and waste more $ on court fees and counsel.
ty Jeannine & everyone else!   We are in the Bahamas so things are kinda just whatever social services recommends for each case and what they personally feel like.   Ex didnt pay any child support for the first year & lied then admitted then lied about his drug use, So I told him to get a court order for visitation and child support and drug tests if he wanted to be around. We didn't hear from him for a year. I klnow *most* kids when they get older and find out...
Ex says the amount of $ he pays in support is too much because he doesn't get that much access. I could really do without the support. its kinda a drop in the bucket. I've been saving it in a bank account for DD. Should I let it drop or persue it, I could really do without it and I don't want him to be talking about me being greedy...   Anyway he says he would feel more fatherly towards DD, and help out more with $, if it wasn't for my DF. DF has been with me...
don't try too hard.. my DD almost 4... is borderline rude to her great grand mother... and my brother.. and with ex. Its hard to discipline shy/rude. She is shy but I feel like she can sense the desperation... Like when great grand mother or ex have a present for her bday.. she wont take it from their hands... so they leave it on the table for her to get when they leave!!! She I think gets pleasure out of turning her head when my brother speaks to her.. Itsa...
  I like this alot....(and added my own in italics) the "consequences" for both parties are dif... and thats just the way it is. And it couldnt be different. babies are born to be breastfed and ex wouldnt want to be up every night with her even if she took a bottle. For example I have the pleasure of nursing/sleeping with DD every night since her birth, then getting up & working a partime job & putting the extra cash in her college fund.. Ex does not have some of my...
ty for the response. She has not yet been to his house! It is my desire that when she does, it be a comfortable place for her. I already told ex perhaps he could get some toys for her... (he's one of those men that doesn't think of stuff like that) An animal in the house will def heighten her anxiety level.   The court order is for visits supervised by me in a public place until DD expresses that she would feel comfortable being alone with him. (She did not see...
of I def am in the wait & see camp. I hope that by some miracle the dog hair won't make her miserable... but I was just kinda miffed that he said that he would not get rid of the dog no matter what.  i suppose it wouldnt be a severe allergy resulting in hives or anything. but I def don't think that she should have to be congested at his house and for the rest of the day after visiting if there is no need.   ty for the HEPA filter idea. I had thought to bring that...
even at that young age.. they do see mom and dad as the boss. you are kinda new.   for example. DD is 3.5. ex has been in her life for a year. after a years absence. I dont encourage him to discipline DD in the little things. she is not ready for that from him. it would ruin the friendship they have for him to play a "daddy" role in her life when she doesn't see him as that. he might say "look both ways" but when she throws her book on the ground I say "we...
While it is upsetting to be lied to, if you do anything drastic.... it could get worse.   by this I mean he could decide to take you to court & ask to keep your DD every other weekend.. and a month in the summer. and every other holiday.. If he is the vile person you say, he would be doing this just to be mean & possesive... and while she was in his care at those times weekend, she might not be provided for at the care level you would like. she might be pawned off on...
DD is 3. She is afraid of dogs. like terrified. if she see one across the road she will run to me and clingy and whine... This is something she will outgrow. When DD was 1 we got rid of our inside dog because she was scared & allergic.   When I go to visit my best friend (who has 2 fluffy inside dogs) DD wakes up the next morning with snot all over her face, pretty much miserable. After a half dozen visits I gave up. If we go to visit my friend, we don't sleep...