or Connect

Posts by SandyMom

There are a few families in our homeschool support group who use Bright Spark and swear by it. It's homeopathic - not sure what all is in it but know that they DO list all ingredients (To me, any product that doesn't is suspect) I've never tried it - but absolutely LOVE other formulas by Native Remedies. That proprtiety blend secrecy stuff always bugs me - like we're just supposed to give our kids mystery ingredients to protect some company's secret recipe. What about...
That's a really low dose and IMO 4 days may not be long enough to feel a difference. That said, I felt better after only a day or two after starting on Armour. Yes, many ppl prefer to let it dissolve between cheek and gum. I started out doing that then ended up just swallowing it and did't notice any difference. Some say they do though. 30 days may be long enough for the TSH to move some - though I doubt much given the low dose you are taking. And TSH doesn't really...
You could make some Herbal Vinegars - they are super easy. Here's an easy recipe for Herbal Lip Balm that I love. One of my favorite herbal creations to make is Crock Pot Ginger Oil You can use the crock pot method of infusing oils for other herbs as well and put them into your salve. Like comfrey or plantain - or calendula as pp suggested. There are tons of good herbal recipes here: https://sites.google.com/site/herbindex/herbal-recipes   Sounds like a fun...
I just wanted to add that I know so many ppl who have had gallbladder troubles (including my husband and mother) and all have had varying degrees of success w/ natural approaches. Mostly they seem to have bought some time. While I do agree w/ pp that the gallbladder serves important functions everyone I know who has had theirs removed has later said they feel so much better and that their health improved drastically afterward. Note that all of these folks were quite ill...
Try a google search for manuka honey + staph. Lots of ppl swear by it.
Hawthorn shouldn't be hard on the tummy at all. Nor is it contraindicated w/ Motrin. I get mine from Mt.Rose Herbs - Hawthorn Extract  
Have you had your adrenals checked? Many of your symptoms sound like adrenal exhaustion. Before I figured out that my adrenals were tanked I had horrible sleep problems due to my poor adrenals pumping out cortisol at odd times. May be worth a look. Good luck!
Hawthorn has been used traditionally for lowering high blood pressure.  I've had great success w/ it. It needs to be taken regularly for several weeks before you see the benefits, but it's worth it imo. Good luck!
I agree w/ pp's about seeing a pedi-endo.  Though no doubt well-intentioned, your MD's info is a bit incongruent IMO. For example, additional iodine could exacerbate some hyperthyroid conditions. Many of the symptoms you describe that your son has sound like both hypo and hyper - which could mean an autoimmune condition such as Hashimoto's which can cause swings between hypo and hyper symptoms. I would request a full thyroid panel including antibodies. Good luck and...
Wow that's really great! Was it your idea or your doctor's? I'm trying to picture my MD signing off on this!