or Connect

Posts by schoolmom07

Hi Everyone... I have been a member of MDC since 2009 however, I have not been active in quite a while. I actually came back on here to search for my Due Date Buddy of Sept. 2009 but so far have not found that thread. It may have been archived. I sure do miss those days. They seemed so uncomplicated as opposed to now. Anyway, Hello again, ya'll!   Schoolmom07~
The poster who posted the original topic of her being angry and resentful just brought out all the things that reminded me of ME! Like her, I went through foster homes though I don't remember much about it. I was in one particular one and it was wonderful (excluding the boy who tried or did molest/sexually assault me--->I have a vague memory, enough to KNOW something happened but not enough to say exactly what) but my foster mother was too old to keep me and the state...
This happens far more often than people want to believe. It happens in foster homes, it happens in the places they "ship" you off to, and it happens after you are adopted. Just reading her post has triggered an intense reaction in me, making me feel all jittery, as though I can't quite breathe completely. I feel for you bMcNeal. My heart hurts with you because this trauma does not "go away". It stays with us. We have to try to fix the things that others have done to...
I understand your feelings more than you will ever know. I struggle with this on a daily basis and I don't know what to do either. My heart goes out to you...  
What a wonderful and unselfish act from all of your family. I pray that someone is led your way. :)  
The things you talk about in your last paragraph are some issues that I would also deal with. I have problems in my marriage as well and like yours, mine seem to keep coming back to the same issues around and around. Like you, I also enjoy many times with my husband, and we have also been married 12 years. Please let me know what you have decided upon doing and how you came to that conclusion. Hugs...
This scares me too...The fact that the little girl is saying to her mom that she is hurting her. This sounds like my half-sister and it did not turn out well at all. It also sounds like our birth mother and hence why I have so many problems now with raising my own two little girls. Why oh why do people allow the cycle of abuse to continue? I am struggling to keep myself in check and the thing is I feel as though I am fighting a loosing battle. I love my girls with all of...
We went through the belly pains last year. Our daughter was 9 then. They sent us to a gastroenterologist and tried to cite all these reasons it could be but that they did not know for sure. I think it is simply stuff our girls are going through physically. Perhaps, we even had this but didn't pay any attention to it? Our daughter is recently starting to say she is hot and while I joke and say "it's just you", it really may be just her. Our pediatrician said it was nerves...
@ TigerChild:   I don't know why but your views seem to coincide with mine. I am so frustrated with the amount of shaming of our society projects onto women of any age. We have to somehow fit into a mold and I am so sorry but I carry way too much guilt of not fitting that mold. I feel as though I am supposed to be the kind, gentle, cooking, cleaning, working, all doing mother of the world because that is what is so often pushed onto me. I am not that person--->at...
I hate to say this but we have been going through this since our daughter was 7! She is 10 now. No period but cycling with emotions. Last week we could say nothing to her right. Keep in mind we have a 3 year old. I am literally ready to just quit and leave. I am so stressed now myself that I am not helping but rather probably hurting the situation. I can only tell you we are right there with you...