or Connect

Posts by jeminijad

Yes, it is possible to never go into labor and to experience fetal demise.   Yes, your body can in fact grow a baby too big to give birth to.   Those two mantras together have caused more heartache to trusting women who have lost their babies at 42+ weeks because they bought into what is almost a religion this point than all of the csections in the world.
 This is true. Your body, your choice. But why is it OK for women praising home birth to fling numbers around, but when it comes time to use those same numbers to show that there are increased dangers, suddenly women lose their minds and act like their choices are being taken away? They aren't. There has been a surge in popularity of home birth lately, and as the numbers roll in, the picture has gotten clearer. In some states, bad outcomes have led to more restriction on...
Well, I haven't posted in some time, but please move me to Waiting To Know.   We had actually stopped trying, since money was very tight and I was doubting the timing. Then, a week ago, we had an Oops. On cycle day 13, when I think I ovulated, and def had EWCM. So...
My hospital births have been VERY positive.   All I can say is don't be combative right off the bat; you can tell them your preferences without setting yourself up for the nurses to think you are 'the difficult one,' KWIM? Better to leave them with a surprised, pleasant impression of how your 'hands off' birth went well than be the one that refuses something they actually need, a standoff occurs, etc.   I look at it like a not-quite spa visit. I don't have to...
The ring of fire for me really did feel like fire. But I've also had that horribly backup up post painkiller BM, and it was nearly as bad as crowning.   Don't be scared away from a VBAC because of pain downstairs. There are different kinds of labors, and you don't know whether you'll have a brief, straighforward labor or a longer one where you'll need/want help; but you do know if you have a cesarean, there will be surgical recovery.
Hello ladies!   Can I be added as Waiting to be Ready?   I'll be in school in the fall semester, so if I want to have a baby soon, s/he would need to be born in mid to late December. That means I can't BD till my March O.
For those who are more worried about delivery than content... well, we are never going to agree. I'm also not going to start dragging out studies and statistics to try and prove or disprove anything, since frankly 90% of us here are unqualified to read astutely and synthesize. One thing I've heard the sharper members of both camps agree on is that there is a problem with quality numbers in tracking the safety of birth- all of the major ones have flaws, MANA isn't telling...
If it isn't pointed out, no one knows.   The idea there (and in quite a few places) is that it is better to potentially save babies, even if feelings are hurt.  
Ladies... you are honestly creating fodder for them. Let me explain why. Lower intelligence spectrum? I realize this particular blogger is hated here, but many of the regular commenters are physicians, researchers, and other highly educated & intelligent folks. Its just where they let their hair down. I read it to try and stay balanced.     The post on attachment parenting causing autism is satire. Read the comment section... they wondered how many MDC readers wouldn't...
Before 'testing' a provider to see if their care is evidence based, be very certain that your understanding of the evidence is correct.