or Connect

Posts by crunchy_mommy

I hope one of those groups will be able to help you ASAP! Another idea, in the meantime... do you have anything you can sell? Toys your kids don't need, unused furniture or electronics, etc.? Or is there anyone you can trade with -- request food or money or a homecooked meal in exchange for babysitting or handmade items or housecleaning?
Thank you so much, I haven't been on here much lately and it was nice to come back & unexpectedly find these messages of support here. It means a lot to me. Unfortunately a lot of my friends have kind of faded away... I guess cancer scares them too much (of course... it's terrifying to me too!) and some are just really busy/preoccupied... so I haven't felt the outpouring of support I was hoping for, and it's good to find some here. Chemo is tough but so far not as...
Wow I had no idea the direction this thread would take!!! Micah_mae, please, please report it. It's not your job to worry about details or evidence. Let the authorities investigate. There may be nothing they can do but at least he'll be on the radar... and like the pp said, there may be things in his background that you don't know about that would make this more incriminating. You have a huge responsibility here to do something with this knowledge, I know you didn't ask...
I know my habit of "shopping" from other people's trash on the curb is a bit weird but also obvious... what are some of your less-obvious weird or slightly embarrassing ways of saving money? One of mine is shopping for clothes in the kids' section. I'm a smaller adult and can fit into L/XL stuff from the girls section for some basics (undergarments, plain shirts, socks, shoes...) and even the boy's section! Boys is cheapest, girls is next, women's clothes are 10x more...
Just figured I'd update since you all have been so encouraging & uplifting! It means a lot to me. I am 5 weeks post-mastectomy. Healing pretty well, anxious to get back to full strength (I'm still not supposed to be vacuuming or lifting DS but tell that to my 4yo who randomly decides his legs no longer work! LOL!) It is interesting going through this with a young child, just getting around the practical concerns of being a SAHM with limited support. So far so good...
Your SIL is nutso. Who expects someone to show up at a party but won't tell them when or where it is? That's a whole 'nother level of crazy...
I don't see anything wrong with leaving out books your kids are enjoying! Really, it would be kind of silly to put them away just because others have done so. We did put the board books away when DS was 2 or 3, because he lost interest in them. He is the kind of kid that loves to sit & be read to for hours & hours on end. So he craves longer stories & chapter books. But I still have some board books in the basement, thinking that maybe when he wants to learn to read he...
My DS is 4 and someone still stays within arm's reach. I imagine it will be 2-3 more years before I'm comfortable leaving him unsupervised. He can swim but for some reason I just don't feel it's safe yet... and also he is too short to "step" into the bath & needs to "climb" in so that is another concern I guess.
I think if you have a random guest list -- a few family members, a few friends, some schoolmates -- then it wouldn't be rude to not invite her. However, if every other member of the family is on the guest list, then yes, you should invite her too. And I agree that it is rude to show up at a party uninvited!
I agree that it is annoying! My 4yo DS decided to cut his long hair but people still mistake him for a girl because he wears pink & flowers & skirts. He did ask once why people think he's a girl, but didn't seem particularly upset by it. I would continue to let your son look however he wants. Some day he might choose to cut his hair for whatever reason -- comfort (that's my DS!), style, conformity, whatever... but let it be his choice. Or you could just mention that if he...