or Connect

Posts by crunchy_mommy

The yelling/humiliation thing would be extremely upsetting to me, and I wouldn't want my kid there again for that reason. The food thing doesn't seem all that horrible to me. Perhaps a bit weird, but not all that bad. I don't think there's anything wrong with only offering water, and maybe the fridge dispenser was broken or contaminated or something. If I were this family & I couldn't afford to feed the kids a lot, I'd probably ask them to bring potluck or snacks to...
Also if you have good credit, perhaps you can get a private student loan at a lower interest rate? 6.8% seems high.
Hmm this is tough... What about if you sign up for the cc, but then go for the student loan when you're getting close to the end of the 0% promo period? I'm not sure how this would work because I seem to remember the student loan payments went directly to the school. Is there a grace period on the student loans? I think interest did not start accumulating on mine until 6 months after I graduated. if so, it would probably be better to get the student loan, unless you're...
$600 sounds good, we have similar diets in our house and spend a little less (usually under $450) but only have 1 kid, plus we don't really eat much meat. I think grain-free flours & substitutes do tend to be more expensive, so we limit those & focus a lot on veggies. We also started using some corn flour because it's cheap, though obviously not grain-free, but we needed a cheap filler food in there somewhere, that & potatoes...
We are actually about to apply for state insurance but were not eligible until recently because my short-term disability payments put us just over the income limit. Now my disability has run out so we are eligible but it takes a month to kick in I believe. I heard that sometimes state insurance will reimburse for the past 30 or 60 days sometimes? Or are there any other programs to help with coinsurance? I've faced ongoing health issues and most recently diagnosed with...
I nursed at least 5 times an hour lol, and no bottles, pacifiers, or even solid foods. My cycle returned at 9mos post-partum. I remember the first few cycles being lighter & pain-free (I usually have very painful periods) so I've wondered if they were anovulatory, but wasn't tracking/temping at the time. We started TTC#2 soon after DS was born but were not able to conceive. DS is now 4 & we can't try anymore because I am ill, but he started weaning at age 3, so I don't...
I'd put the almond butter on apple slices or carrot sticks or something. But if you're looking for something starchy, try popcorn cakes or corn tortillas. Another option is to make pancakes -- you could use almond flour, or corn flour, or coconut flour, or buckwheat flour, or some combination of these. Mix with an egg or two (or flax seed or egg replacer) and some non-dairy milk and a bit of baking powder, and make a stack of pancakes to keep in the fridge.
I don't think it's silly at all, you are right to feel frustrated, but you are also choosing to put yourself in that situation, you know? If you can give freely and without resentment, do it. If it's going to negatively impact you -- mentally, financially, or otherwise -- then you just aren't in a position to give. Come up with some responses ahead of time so you can feel comfortable saying no. And don't feel like those responses need to involve any explanation; "Sorry, I...
Another peeve of mine: chewing really quietly. I hate when DH tries to hide the fact that he's eating. I know he's trying not to disturb me but he sucks and slurps twice as much when he's trying to be quiet and it makes me crazy!
Ahhh knowing that it's a student loan & low-interest does change my answer. I still think it's wise to pay debts off ASAP but you won't have much interest and it's tax-deductible so not throwing all your money toward the debt isn't a big deal. Good luck trying to conceive!