or Connect

Posts by crunchy_mommy

52 offers?!?! That's insane!!!! Seriously, move out here, you could get a place in 10 minutes flat!That's really unbelievable.
OK so I went for the ultrasound and they called the doctor in & immediately sent me for a mammogram & biopsy. Now I'm just waiting for the biopsy results. It will probably be a few days. The testing was tough and way more extensive than I was anticipating but I am glad I went... and glad that part is over with. I genuinely expected them to just tell me it's a cyst & send me on my merry way but I guess the mass was a bit concerning. They are thinking/hoping it's just a...
DS is on a GF diet -- pretty strict but he occasionally has trace amounts and has either a delayed reaction or none at all, I think it is a cumulative thing for him. I do not let him have oats, which is rough because he's been asking & asking lately to have oatmeal. I keep going back & forth about whether to let him try it. It's hard to tell with him what kind of effect something is having, and often it takes weeks or even months to realize he *is* reacting and by then...
I have never had to take DS's shoes off to put him RF. He is 4yo and still RF. We spent under $100 on his carseat. If we have to drive (which we do, since there isn't anything in walking distance and no public transportation) then I want him to be as safe as possible. I don't understand the criticism around this, or why you'd jump on someone for recommending brands that worked for them. Some people need to switch to another brand to continue to do what they feel is safest,...
How about a picture schedule for your day, and some social-story kind of things for parts of the day? So part of your daily schedule could always include him helping with dinner. And whatever else he tends to look forward to or get upset about missing. He could even help you make the schedule so he fully understands the plan (and you will better understand what he's expecting to happen). And for something like the sandwich, I'm envisioning a "social story" (minus the...
We had leftover mini cupcakes and I told DS that 3 was plenty. I had 5... for breakfast. And 2 more before dinner. With extra frosting. And some other leftover cake before lunch. (To be fair, I blame it on AF... and my friend who makes the most amazingly delicious treats and then leaves the extras here...)
I agree with giving far fewer choices. I also would try giving simpler, less emotionally-laden choices when you do let him choose... think, "red cup or blue?" instead of "cook or play?"... DS has similar meltdowns about his choices at times, and wants to go back & make the opposite choice... Not long ago I noticed that in the past I have been inconsistent about following through with choices. So if I said, "Do you want red or blue?" and he said blue but later wanted red,...
Oh man, you have had some crappy luck!!! Yeah, I don't know the laws about actually withholding rent, I guess I was thinking more along the lines of... if the landlord knows he's got rent money for the next 2-3 months, maybe he'd be more likely to get lax about the routine maintenance stuff? Kind of like when you pay someone in advance for a service and they do a crummy job, since they've already gotten the money & it doesn't really matter...
Hmm if you can't trust your friend to pay the bills it might be worth considering a different living situation. Otherwise, if you are both adults, I think you need to just trust him to do his part in paying the rent. Perhaps settle on some kind of agreement like: if either of you misses rent twice, that person must move out?
I guess that could work as long as your friend/roommate is on board. Personally I'd find it incredibly annoying to pay bills weekly. I do know some landlords rent this way though. It just depends on the landlord. I also wouldn't pay rent too far in advance because then you kind of lose your leverage should you need something fixed or whatever. Plus you lose any interest you would have accumulated in savings (not that you can get much in interest these days anyway!) Are...