or Connect

Posts by ladyleah

I am the OP and bumping for fun.....because now I have gone from 1-2!!!! And for us, going 0-1 was the hardest by far. It's tough having two-- for sure-- but because we already identified as being parents and were in that parenting groove, it feels less insane.
Just wanted to update anyone who comes across this thread with the same issues... My LO is now 5.5 months old and I am happy to report that he now is doing very well in the seat!!! Right around 4.5 months he started to play with toys and is generally calm in the car (not always, but nOTHING like the earlier torture trips!!!!). The bottom line appeared to be that he just despised not being held 24/7 by mommy those first 3 solid months... I tried every trick, every...
Susanmary- I totally can relate! I posted back in December about a long car trip where I spent 3 hours laying over the darn infant bucket seat so that my LO could nurse while we were driving down the road! Not fun- but i was desperate on a 9 hour car ride! And also really dangerous, I know!
I will try that for bedtime- but for naps it's tough. He is only awake approx. 1 1/2 hours usually before nap starts and he's tired for sure. It's a tricky notion to figure out what his nap sleep window is these days...
Silly- Vegan and Skinny summed it up....my LO wants to sleep attached to me all night but is extremely restless. Every time he falls off the nipple he frantically tries to find it-- all. Night. Long. I Cant sleep like that- and he is restless and cranky in the morning because he doesn't sleep well like that either it seems. It's quite miserable and I can barely function during the day which isn't acceptable for him, or my 3 year old! Plus I had PPD with my first, so I...
HI Mammas...   I have a beautiful 16 week old boy who is a happy, cooing, drooling guy during his wakeful periods.....but cries like hell before all naps and bedtime. And cries usually when he wakes up. And I mean CRIES....not fussing...but crying like a crazy train. Like out of control.   And I don't mean that we put him down and walk away and he starts crying (we know that would cause crying, of course!!!)- I mean that he cries in my arms, while I am nursing...
Hi everyone!!! Vegan and Silly, I can relate on the sleep thing. My LO used to sleep a luxurious stretch of 5-6 hours at the beginning of the night- but no more! He is up a lot and it's making me not a very lovely person during the day because I am so exhausted. I sleep so poorly when he's in he'd with me that cosleeping doesn't help and if I set him in the cosleeper he cries now! Ugh. Oh, did I mention he popped a bottom tooth through the other night! 19 more to...
So helpful to hear everyones comments. He is in the Graco Snugride now...and I hope to move him to the Britax pretty soon. Honestly- I think it's more that he is pis$ed off that mommy can't pick him up! He just doesn't get it.....and, why would he....he is only 12 weeks old!!! :) We have had a few trips that involved no crying which were awesome- but they are few and far between. Hope he grows out of it- or likes the Britax better. I think we moved my first son out of...
Thank you so much Mammas...it helps to know that I am not alone in this crazy experience!!!
Omg, I'm at the end of my rope. My LO is 11 weeks old and hatessss the car seat. He cries almost from the second we put him in, and he's otherwise a very happy little guy. This is my second babe- so we have tried all the tricks of the trade, but no luck. He gets so worked up that I nearly lose my mind. I never ever let him cry at home, so it makes me insane to not be able to get him to calm down. If I am driving by myself (with my 3 year old) I am worried I am going to go...