or Connect

Posts by ladyleah

Love the replies Mammas...interesting idea about shorter cycles: earlier babies. My cycles are rather long so I'm not surprised that I went to 41w 5d with my first. I should have added that my 22 hour labor was med free and natural. I can't imagine how long I would have went with an epi....that probably would have slowed me down to 40 hours!!! Lolol I accept whatever my birthing time has to offer...but again, it would be awesome if he didnt show up too early, and we...
I know, I know....it totally depends...but I am interested in hearing if your first baby and second were similar in "baking time" and labor time. My first was 12 days past his "guess date" (I hate the word "due" as though he was a library book or something..olol) and my labor was 22 hours from start to finish. My midwives keep telling me the second will come earlier and faster. Frankly I would love it if he waited until his guess date to arrive, since I still have a bit...
Awwwww...so adorable!!! Congrats!!!
Sooooo exciting!!!!!!! Congrats Mammas!!!!!!!
Nothing helpful to add....just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts Sunnyperch. Xoxoxo
Violet, I hear you. Tonight I was so damn hungry but nothing sounded good at all. Finally at 830 some sushi sounded good (weird I know), but my LO was asleep and DH not home, and I wasn't about to wait another 45 minutes for delivery. So I choked down a big salad and some flatbread with cheese and grilled vegetables. Normally that would be food I quite enjoy, but not tonight. Cereal sounded better, but I KNOW that would make me feel like absolute sh*t shortly after. I...
I am not doing a homebirth (I WISH!!!!)....but I am going to wear the same thing I wore for my last hospital birth an excercise bra top, and a water skirt. I still have the top from last time, but I threw the skirt away. I just bought a $15 swim skirt a few sizes too big and cut out the panty part. I can move and be "free" in the clothes, and still get a little coverage. Because I am delivering in the hospital where I work I just don't feel fully comfortable totally naked,...
Dannic, you give me hope. I haven't hit 35 weeks yet....so maybe this insane 33-34 week weep fest will chill. As you mentioned, I am going to be doing plenty of crying in the first few weeks after my LO is born...so I would love a respite. There have certainly been more tears this pregnancy compared to last! And, I want to thank you all for the French toast suggestion. I don't think I have had French toast in 6 or 7 years...because usually heavy carbs make me feel awful...
Boo Springmum, sorry u are joining our group!!! Yep- hugs and fingers crossed for sure! (the full moon around here isnt helping much, btw!) lol
Aww Vegan, that stinks! It's weird, all night I was up and nauseous. But around 10 this morning the nausea went away. No rhyme or reason for it, but I still feel good so I am not complaining. If I could get some sleep tonight and not break down in tears before that time....I would be good to go, but I'm not holding m breath. Lolol The weird thing with magnesium is that it has sort of helped over the years for insomnia, but never great for me. I can take huge amounts and...