or Connect

Posts by ladyleah

People decline for all sorts of reasons....many well stated in this post. I think the problem with the test is that some healthcare providers are misinformed, and request that the mother fast for the 1 hour test (Glucose Challenge Screening). This is entirely incorrect, as you should eat a normal-- well balanced meal the morning of your test. Only the 3 hour test (Glucose Tolerance Test) requires fasting. My midwife said that she has no idea why some women are requested...
Greetings all RRL tea drinkers! My question is, is normal NOT to have uterine tightening/etc. after drinking a strong cup of the RRL tea? I brew a VERY strong cup each day (I am 29.5 weeks) and have been for about 3 weeks now, and I don't notice any difference. I am going to continue drinking it, because I believe in the long run that it is going to help me birth my baby-- but I wondered if anyone else out there did not have any noticeable uterine changes...
Starc- I am SO happy to hear that you spoke with your midwife and are starting back up on the Zoloft. As many have mentioned--it's a cost benefit analysis thing....suffering with depression during and after pregnancy can be far more harmful to you and the baby then any potential side effects of the drug. Depression is a really tough thing-- add extreme hormone shifts and we are talking about an entirely new level of "tough thing"!!!! Wishing you all a...
Starc- I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad! I am a therapist, and have worked with people taking psychotropic medications for many, many years (and have taken some SSRI's myself about 6 or 7 years ago). The only thing I have to say is that stopping Zoloft or any other SSRI cold turkey isn't a great idea at ALL. There is a well documeted (although not well publicized) effect called the Serotonin Discontinuation Syndrome that happens to many when they stop cold...
I have managed the (ahem) fart and pee....but haven't been blessed with the sneeze and pee yet. But tomorrow I am at 27 weeks, so I have a lot more time to perfect that skill!!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Juliacat I get annoyed with BOTH mainstream AND AP baby thinkers who think their way is the only way of doing things and assume that anyone who does things differently is weird or needs to be "educated" and who refuse to keep an open mind about the possibiltiies. RIGHT ON GIRL!!!! To each her own.....I try very hard not to judge (openly at least...LOLOL) because I certainly don't appreciate it! My mantra is: "If...
No worries! It has happened to me several times (I am one day shy of 27 weeks) because my little guy is VERY low in my pelvis...he is always tucking himself behind the right and left side of the bone! The first time they couldn't easily find it, they sent me for an u/s--- and he was fine (at 12 weeks)-- and sometimes its easy and sometimes it isn't. It's a normal thing that happens to a lot of us! :to all!
Quote: Originally Posted by billikengirl I really only get annoyed when they offer me *unsolicited* advice about how I should be mean to my baby so he won't get used to having his needs met and then expect it. Or sneer that "that won't last long" when I get excited about my cloth diapers. Or tell me that the only way to have a baby is with an OB and an epidural (fine, for you, but I'm NOT YOU, so back off!) Also, I don't like it when someone asks me...
Yes.....but I am ANGRY girl today..... Granted, there have been many things to get angry about today-- but normally I could take them in stride, or at least get over them quite quickly. Today, not so much. I have been slamming doors, cursing at people on the roads, shouting at my lovely spouse..... I know I have a choice to be miserable and angry, or to deal with it---and move on--- but I just can't seem to turn the corner today!!! The only time I smiled was when my...
Wow.... MAY? Is that possible? lolol