or Connect

Posts by ladyleah

I started drinking a cup a day about 2 weeks ago (I will be 27 weeks on Friday). I have heard such wonderful things about it, so I am hopeful that I can add another "success story" to the thread after I give birth! I haven't noticed any stronger BH's per se- but perhaps when I increase the amount I am drinking in a few weeks I will notice a difference. Due to my work schedule and the work that I do, it is much easier for me to use the bags then loose tea. I found a...
Age: 34 Which baby is this for you:First! Where are you having your babyn the hospital in which I work, which thankfully has private birthing suites with tubs as I am planning a waterbirth! What are you most looking forward to at labor/birth:Bearing witness to the amazing feats that my body can handle (and that women have been doing since the dawn of time)- and meeting our son! What are you most worried about at labor/birth:Not getting the chance to naturally...
We are! I am using the homestudy course, as there are no instructors in NJ. I bought it early, so I am doing each weekly lesson (5 in all) for two weeks at a time. The affirmations, the only thing you can listen to in the car, have been very- very helpful during my recent body "growth spurt" (re: feeling positive about my body instead of cringing when looking in the mirror! lolol) There is a wonderful group you can join on yahoo with others using the course....so...
I don't agree at all! I actually really enjoy when I am NOT thinking about being pregnant, and I am busy with life/work/etc. Although this a major life event and transition, it feels good to be "just Leah" and not ONLY "pregnant Leah" mentally and physically sometimes. Although I am transitioning into motherhood I am very clear that this is not the ONLY thing that I am, and what how I define myself. I am also a professional, a sister, a friend, a spouse, a.....you get...
I very much appreciate the comments and feedback ladies! Again, this board has been so helpful to me to just vent out the stuff swirling around my head and typing it up.....it helps me to not feel alone and isolated in the experience!
Yeah--- a question on circumcision from someone you barely know (or someone you know well for that matter) is so weird and obnoxious.... Seriously....I can't believe the sorts of comments I have gotten---and mostly from women who have children....which was SO disappointing!!! I actually wrote/posted on this on the main board a few weeks ago. Here was my post: ***Begin Venting: I can't figure out why many women can't refrain from from being constantly negative...
Ladies....I feel you. I am currently wanting to avoid ALL QUESTIONS and certainly the stupid ones like: 1. Was this planned? (WTF?) 2. You didn't have morning sickness? Lucky you...but, is everything ok with the baby? 3. Are you vaxing your child? 4. Why are you using a midwife.....? 5. ARE YOU GETTING AN EPIDURAL???...followed by a smart-ass look and some comment about me wanting one... 6. DO YOU HAVE A NAME PICKED OUT? (we do, but we are not telling because I...
Quote: Originally Posted by frogautumn for you: : For your dh: (ok, sorry for throwing tomatoes at your husband. But really, men should know better than to say things like that. You're carrying his child...what's sexier than that?!) agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi ladies- In the last 2 weeks ("guess date": 11/27/09), I have been feeling the baby kicking and bumping around--- which has been amazing for me and my husband! The question is: are these kicks and bumps *supposed* to hurt? I keep reading posts, and hearing from others that the kicks are "beating them up" and "painful"?? These don't hurt me at all, and are not even as weird as I thought they might be...lololol....so I am wondering if that is normal? They just...
OMG....how lame of people! I have no idea why people that you barely know feel as though they need to make a vocal value judgement on your life, kid, looks, etc. etc. It is shocking what comes out of peoples mouths. My sister used to put makeup on my little brother, dress him in dresses, paint his nails....etc. etc. when she was 5 and he was 2....and did this at least until he was almost 5 (once he went to school and the gender socalization bias kicked in hard...