or Connect

Posts by ladyleah

I totally hear you....... And I am a therapist, so that isn't helping the situation.....lololol
Thank you to all..... This is a good reminder that the negative vibes don't stop after the birth....so I need to really concentrate on using my BUBBLE OF PEACE (a hypnobabies thing!) to filter out unwanted negative vibes/talk. I love these boards, and reading about people having joyful pregnancies, wonderful birthing experiences, and loving being a parent.....through all of the ups and downs that we know accompany those life events!!!! Wishing you all a joy-filled...
**Disclaimer: this vent is NOT to anyone on these boards, but people I have experienced in person in my life.......** (this is actually a SUPPORTIVE place!) Begin Venting: I can't figure out why many women can't refrain from from being constantly negative about _______ (fill in the blank with the word: pregnancy, birth choices, kids, sleep, life….etc.) I have been stunned and really disappointed (and quite frankly depressed) with the nasty-ass comments that many...
Not to be stupid, but what is RRL tea? I see it mentioned quite often, but I haven't figured it out yet! Thanks in advance for the help!
This is such a helpful thread to stumble upon this morning....as I was just sort of freaking out about this last night! I am 20 weeks and 1 day, and--although I have felt fluttering on occasion for weeks now-- it isn't consistent, and it certainly isn't strong where it feels like kicks or anything like that! Reading your responses is making me feel much better-- but I will really feel better after my u/s on Monday!
I have been doing yoga, pilates (both only once a week), going to the gym about 3 days a week and doing the elliptical machine, or taking a spin class. I know eventually I will have a tough time with the spinning class-- but for now, it's cool!
Girl---I hear you...and I am sorry. Hormones are horrible sometimes. I am also having a s$it day-- my DH I am sure thinks that I am a major beeotch, as I just can't seem to get out of an awful mood.
The GAP sells great maternity stuff online....and you can order Old Navy maternity stuff as well at the same time. The only downside is return shipping costs if you don't like the item (its free to exchange for a size) Sign up for their email list and they give a big discount on your first order--and its always easy to find free shipping codes! They also are always having great sales...right now its 40% off many things...
Yep---- the wait is killing us! lololol I am due 11/27, but my u/s is not schduled until 7/13 (20 wk+3 days) because they will not do the scan until 19 weeks at this maternal/fetal medicine place that we go to (which is awesome by the way because it isn't a tech, but a doc or advanced practice nurse that does the scanning--so there are no "secrets" and they tell you absolutely everything as they go along)--and we will be on vacation from 18.5 weeks until 20wks 2 days!...
::: Wonderful news! I am so thrilled for you....and have been wondering when we were going to get an update.....CONGRATS! PS- I also had "wonderful" #'s in my 1st trimester screen. When I asked about doing the 2nd tri screen my midwife advised against it, due to the high rate of false positives that come back. She only suggested getting the AFP for the purpose of neural tube defects ONLY (which came back negative). Not sure why they even offer the 2nd tri screen for...