or Connect

Posts by ladyleah

Angel....SO sorry to hear that you all have the flu!!! Ugh!!!! I hope you all feel better soon. Give us an update after you see your doc. My midwive sort of scared me by throwing out the Tamiflu option since i will basically know immediately that its the flu if i get symptoms, even though it's a class c in pregnancy. Glad to hear Tylenol and fluids can get you through it, albeit miserably, because I am not going to take tamiflu!
Thanks Mammas....praying that we don't get it.....
Greetings Mammas, I am embarrassed to say that I am freaking out over here. My spouse just returned from a business trip to Europe last night. He contracted the flu when he was there, as did several of the folks he was traveling with. He returned on Sunday night with no fever, but to back up....he started feeling ill wed/thurs...and then thurs. night he was up all night with a very high fever (he had no way to check, but he had chills, sweats, etc.) Thursday night was the...
Greetings Mammas, I am embarrassed to say that I am freaking out over here. My spouse just returned from a business trip to Europe last night. He contracted the flu when he was there, as did several of the folks he was traveling with. He returned on Sunday night with no fever, but to back up....he started feeling ill wed/thurs...and then thurs. night he was up all night with a very high fever (he had no way to check, but he had chills, sweats, etc.) Thursday night was the...
Bumping for the fun of it!
Greetings Mammas! No advice, just wanted to chime in and say that I can relate. Before I got pregnant, my then 26 month old skipped one day of nursing and I was an emotional wreck thinking that he had weaned suddenly. I think I posted about on another forum because I was so upset! Now he is 27 months old and I am (obviously, lol) 9.5 weeks pregnant and I am praying everyday that he will wean because it feels HORRIBLE to nurse! I am so shocked, and at first was trying to...
Well, what I learned through hypnobabies was that the two methods conflict because in hypnobabies they do not use the word "pain" and that is supposed to get, sort of, banished from your mind. In Bradley method they teach you techniques for coping with pain, hence the conflict because pain is not something that should be focused on. Again, hypnobabies was great for me--but I certainly experienced a lot of pain in my unmedicated labor. But, I am at peace with my body and...
Oh Colta, I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing lots of peace and love in your healing journey. ((((((hugs)))))(
Hi there! I studied my hypnobabies home study course/CDs (not hypnobirthing but similar), because there was no hypnobirthing classes available in my area. I think it was very helpful for sure. I had a completely unmedicated hospital birth with a CNM, and didn't get to the hospital until I was dilated to 6, which was helpful. That being said, for my second child I am planning to search for an in person hypnobirthing class (maybe thIngs have changed in 2.5 years) OR a...
Greetings everyone! Haven't met with my midwife yet, but by my calculations (which are pretty accurate) I am giving myself an Oct 18 due date!