or Connect

Posts by djs_girl517

Two things spring to mind MITB. The first is that YOUR OWN LINK could be read to say that "that Hispanic is synonymous with Spanish Speaking." What am I missing here? Quote: Hispanic, from the Latin word for “Spain,” has the broader reference, potentially encompassing all Spanish-speaking peoples in both hemispheres The second, which to me is more significant: The ENTIRE thread has been about the fact that MOST PEOPLE don't fit into those little boxes.
Quote: Originally Posted by my3monkees The best services guys I have ever had, were the guys from the plumbing and heating company. They actually carry rubber slip ons in their pockets and put them on before they come in the house. That way their shoes could stay on, but my floors and new carpets stay clean! The guys that installed my new AC did the same thing. I was really impressed. Such a simple thing, but SOO respectful.
And, FTR, we always try to do business with Christians. I don't see it as someone using Jesus to make a profit. I see it as someone not afraid to lose business because someone might be offended by their beliefs. In fact, the guy that replaced my AC had scripture prominently written on his van and work shirts. (We chose him from the phone book because he had scripture on his yellowpages ad.) I applaud someone who is that vocal about their convictions.
Quote: Originally Posted by corwinegall I'm sure they could find something better to tweak with than something that represents 'give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime". Actually, that's not what the fish represents. Early Christians were very heavily persecuted - it wasn't safe to just broadcast that you were Christian. Yet, believers needed a way to be able recognize one another....
I don't know anything about it, but I've oftened thought about. If you don't mind, if you decide to do, please let me know how it works out. I would LOVE to be able to earn some extra cash playing with cooking stuff.
I was a preemie, born in a military hospital. Almost the second I was born, a nurse stuck a preemie nipple in my mouth. Mom was forced to leave me in the nursery the majority of the time. She tried like hell to breastfeed, but the military hospital achieved nipple confusion quite quickly. My mom has a lot of insecurities and being unable to breastfeed completely broke her heart. When my sister was born six years later, Mom didn't have the heart to try and risk failing again.
Quote: Originally Posted by EFmom I'm Christian, am 100% pro-choice, am pro embryonic stem cell research and think vacination should be an individual decision. : You know, the whole "Judge Not" thing. I could never choose abortion for myself and pray that no one I love is never faced with that choice. But the government has no right to tell ANY woman what to do with her body.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonfly True. On the other hand, if they weren't hanging out in the yard, his dogs wouldn't bark either. Maybe I'm just too sensitive. It really annoys me that people leave their dogs out in the yard unattended, allowing them to bark at people and animals who walk by. I'm not siding with the guy at all, though. What he's doing is ridiculous and unreasonable. One of the biggest reasons I bought my house is...
Hi! I have a situation very similar to yours. I have three step-kids: 12, 9, & 6. I have been in their life since the youngest was 18 months old. I tried very hard for about 2 years to be friends with their mom. I don't really like the woman, but I also had visions of one big extended family. She had other ideas - well, she still does. She hates my guts. And the kids are very much aware of that. But I still have a really great relationship with the kids. In fact, the 12...
Hi! Welcome to MDC! I don't have any wise words, I just wanted to send