or Connect

Posts by djs_girl517

I'm going to chime in on the side of M, L, NL. For all the reasons stated previously. Congratulations on the impending adoption. I know you and DW have had some struggles getting here and I'm thrilled that you're finally moving past the struggles.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go for goat's milk. And all foster children are fully vaxed. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if a child came into care that wasn't vaxed, I would have to get their shots up to date. I do plan to use cloth except for visitation. I haven't asked permission and don't plan to. If it becomes an issue, I'll just act like it never occurred to me that they might object.
Can someone please explain to me why people who have NEVER EXPERIENCED fertility problems think it is okay to tell us "infertiles" how to feel/deal with it/move on/whatever????? Why can people not accept that infertility is a pain you CANNOT understand if you haven't experienced it????? Why do people who have no concept of this anguish think they have the answers? "Just adopt" you say. How dare you? How dare you minimize the heart-engulfing, life-consuming desire...
I'm not sure what the details of your situation are, but DH's child support is through the county his ex USED TO live in. In Florida, divorce and child support proceedings must go through the county that the RESPONDENT lives in. Therefore, since DH filed, he had to file in the county his ex lived in. Even though she has since moved to a different county, the child support is still through that county. We attempted to change it because this particular county is a royal...
I picked up Lion Brand Yarn's "I Taught Myself Knitting". Eventually I picked up Stitch 'n' Bitch to polish a little bit.
Super cool
I have a Pug and a Boston Terrier. We got them when my stepkids were 8, 4 1/2, and not quite 2. We just made sure that the kids were never left unsupervised with the dogs until they learned how to act with them. Rescue groups are VERY picky about who they'll adopt to. For instance, most won't adopt to someone without a fenced backyard. Does that mean you shouldn't be allowed to have a dog if you don't have a fenced yard? No, that's just one of their requirements. If you...
Quote: Originally Posted by applejuice I agree, djs girl517, that most of the time he is on his @$$, but so are lots of police jobs, firemen, and EMTs, people who are there when we need them. Many Coastie jobs are mundane, but he has had his share of drug busts and he has been commended for saving people, so he does get up and earn his pay now and then. Lots of maintenance and readiness is required. He will always be my little boy of whom his...
Actually, there's a reason that the joke is that Coasties don't get into water deep enough to sink. The vast majority of their time and resources are spent patrolling COASTAL waters and ticketing boaters that fly through no-wake zones or catch fish over their limit. They also are the first line of defense in protecting our harbors and bridges. Yes, they do rescue boaters, chase drug runners, and deal with pirates and illegal immigrants, but as with the other branches of...
I also wanted to add that perhaps you should change your thread title to "Need advice from military folk" or something similar so perhaps you can limit the random "I-judge-your-choices" type "advice".