or Connect

Posts by momma-molly

My husband and I usually just go out to dinner for our anniversary. Well, actually we went on a cruise for our 1st and 2nd anniversary, but then came baby and now it's just dinner! Actually, TODAY is our 5th anniversary. We'll probably go out tomorrow night. There is a resturant about an hour from us that's on the bay and does dinner cruises and I think we might try that this year. Either that or Red Lobster. Because if I don't get some cheddar biscuits soon.... Hello,...
Quote: Originally Posted by mg1278 You know, I don't remember the 4th stage. I had a natural birth, so I wasn't clouded by drugs. I didn't have an IV, so there was no placenta. I think I'd remember if something of things posted here had happened. I do know I said I wanted to see my placenta, but then forgot to look at it. I'm kind of sad about that. Do you mean no pit? Or no placenta? hehe lol Quote: Originally Posted by...
I love this thread!! 13 weeks tomorrow! Got a WICKED migraine on Saturday and lastest all the way through Sunday. Still hanging in there, but it's managable now. Ick. My DH is showing signs of wear after all my whining and moaning. The house is *still* a wreck, DD is starting to act out and basically we are all in need of some 2nd trimester relief. Can we eat take-out chinese food? I've been craving me some broccoli and chicken and fried rice for weeks and...
100 oz of water?!?! Holy moly. I need to start drinking more!
I had a pretty active 4th stage with my DD. Cord traction, pitocin, external massage. I think I delivered the plancenta within 10 minutes or so after birth. I specifically asked for no pitocin, but because I had an IV, they were able to start it without my knowledge (I know.). I reminded my doc about not wanted to have pit and the nurse piped up "Oh sorry, I already started it". All of this stuff should have bothered me, but honestly? I was so enamored with my...
I so feel your pain. I have the mother of all migraines. It's some better this morning, but yesterday was a total wash. Completely deabilitating. I'm with you, tylenol does nothing. The only thing that helped me yesterday was laying in a cool, dark room with a bag of ice on my head. I just send DD to church with DH so I could have some quiet and I'm getting ready to get another bag of ice and try it again. It's awful. It's one of those migraines where it's worse if you...
I'm starting to feel it in small increments. Things that haven't bothered me for the last 2 months are starting to irritate me again. And that's a good thing. I still tire pretty easily, but I know I'm on the upswing now and looking forward to nesting - for real! It feels so good to get things really clean!
Quote: Originally Posted by hollytheteacher I LOVE your craft blog. I'm amazed at what you've made and that pic with all your sisters is AMAZINGLY ADORABLE! Well, thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebirdmama I think ultimately one of the most important things about birth plans is the process of making one because it makes you more informed and more aware of what's important to you. Ditto, ditto, ditto. And becasue I was focused on keeping it short and sweet, it really helped me narrow things that were VERY important to me (ie, immediate contact with the baby) versus things that would be nice but didn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by echospiritwarrior any art collectors here? I just found portraits of yours truly on ebay. Oooh, I love those! Quote: Originally Posted by debra_lea I was starting to think about pictures last night. I would love to find someone fantastic who could take pictures during my home birth. My husband is a fantastic photographer (he's an artisit), but obviously that won't be his focus during the...