or Connect

Posts by Tattooed Hand

We had my daughter, aged 3 years and 3 months, given MMR and varicella in the same visit. (We're vaxing slowly and we started later). She had what our doctor called a "mild reaction" but one that left he more laid out than I have ever seen her in my life. She burned with fever for 3 days (which would start in the mid-afternoon) and that left her limp and listless. One of her eyes drooped and she then developed a major cough and cold that took a week to go away. And this...
hello ladies, it's been a while.   My DD is now 2 years and 8 months old and I want to say that we have come a LONG LONG way. She was very colicky as an infant and a horrible, horrible sleeper (at one point she was waking up every hour, all night long, for a few months there). For various reasons (ezcema, being very very jumpy) we first thought she had allergies, then leaky gut, and then we didn't know what. She refused to take a bottle or a paci. I was practically...
My 28 month old DD sleeps in a mattress pressed up against ours (so I can move my blankets around and not disturb her). I nightweaned her in stages, starting at 16 months and ending in being fully nightweaned about 3 months ago (partly because we traveled alot and moved continents). But she adjusted to each stage pretty well and she still sleeps in the same room within arms reach so that I can tend to her if she wakes up at night without having to get up myself. (Even...
I agree with the above poster.   My DD is 27 months and she has night nursed for ever. We started to brush her teeth morning and night around 18 months (that's probably late but she didn't eat solids until 10 months and her teeth came in late). She has no cavities and we are still BFing. She even sometimes still falls asleep with the boob in her mouth. If I had tried to take it away from her before she was ready to sleep on her own (and believe me, I tried) she would...
Sounds like we have very different babies - my DD didn't start sleeping like yours until she was around 2 years old - but I'll share my experience.   Around when she was 9 months old, we put her on her own mattress, which was pushed up against my side of the bed. She was trying to walk and way too hard to sleep in our queen with. This allowed her to still be right next to me, but for me to have my own covers and for her to have alittle more room to roll...
I've had some sucess the last few days with asking her if she wants to do something herself and being there to help and explain how to do it and if it's too hard, she just tells me to do it for her. With non-negotiable or time sensitive things I have asked her once and then told her that at the end of the count to three I will come over and do it for her (or come collect her) and that's been working. It's hard. Some days there is more cooperation than others. It doesn't...
I am dealing with the exact same problems, it sounds like. It's driving me crazy, though last night I lost my cool and feel pretty bad about it. It's hard to get upset myself. Last night we made there we consequences, like if you want to read books before bed, you have to come over here and put on your night clothes (things like this have begun to take like 30 minutes and it's impossible to get her to bed at a decent hour, which needs to happen because she wakes up at...
I think that I'm ready to start slowly and gently weaning my 26 month old DD. But I have no idea how to do it!   I work out of the house 3 days a week and she goes to daycare from 9-3 5 days a week, so we don't usually nurse then. I do pump the days I am work so that she can have some milk when she returns home from daycare (my Dh picks her up).   We also don't nurse between 11 and 5 am. But aside from that I have been nursing on demand. I'm starting to not enjoy...
I'd like to know too. One tidbit: I started working out of the house about 4 months ago and my supply has definitely decreased. We both had the flu for the last 10 days where DD was nursing once an hour and I don't think my supply increased after all that. She gets frustrated because she isn't getting any if she nursed an hour or two before that. I wonder if it doesn't past a certain point or age?
I've been on a restricted diet since DD was 6 weeks old and she tested sensitive (IgG, so keeps changing because the real problem is leaky gut) to such a wide spectrum of foods that I won't bother to list them. But she cannot have eggs, rice, coconut, root veggies or really many veggies at all, nuts, dairy, soy, corn, etc... the list is long. We are also gluten free. Before this we were vegetarian and now we HAVE to eat meat. I have to cut the pieces really small or else...