or Connect

Posts by Tattooed Hand

Not all allergies are caused by leaky gut. Our DD has multiple ones but they change because she has leaky gut. We are now trying to heal it. But she had no reactions on her IGE test, meaning no permanent allergies yet. Frankly, the whole thing is confusing. We did do some vaccines, but very slowly and only started later. Beware of DTaP. We did one dose of that and she had a bad reaction. No permanent damage, but we stopped after that. We will begin again soon with just...
Yeah, I love it. My DD is SUPER high needs and has multiple food sensitivities and without BF, I don't know where we'd be. We had some rough patches, but now she is old enough to ask for it when she wants it, and to not bite (which was a reaction to teething pain). It's also one of the few times when she will sit still in my arms for longer than a second.   Frankly, I think it's good for me too because it gives me time to sit and relax and think.   I nurse her in...
Terrilien, I can totally relate to wishing that you had never had a child. My DD goes through excruciatingly difficult phases, and while I love and adore her, sometimes at the end of the day, I wish I had never had a child. I collapse on the couch (in the 45 minutes before she wakes up again) and cry. She has many problems and challenges and I don't think other moms understand that while it may not be normal for them, loving your child and wishing you had never had them...
MY DD's sleep has always been bad. Part of this was due to food intolerances that took a long time to pin down. But she also experiences teething as tortuous pain. But I work (part time and mostly at home until she was 20 months old and even now I only go to work 3 days a week) and the sleep deprivation was killing me. She woke up every 1-2 hours all night long every night to nurse (even though she had unrestricted access all day!) and sometimes was incredibly restless...
I'm doing a 2 year postdoc in Berlin and have a 2 year old DD. She has been diagnosed with leaky gut in the US but it seems to be badly understood in allopathic medical circles in the US. Since it would be covered by my insurance here, I would like to try to take her to a homeopath. We live in Berlin, in Kreuzberg, but would be willing to travel within reason. The doctor would have to speak at least some English, since my DH's German is not great and mine is...
My DD experiences teething as awful torturous pain and right now at 25 months, her 2 year molars are coming in and her sleep has been bad for weeks. It's very hard. We do tylenol because ibuprophen bothers her stomach. And other stuff like frozen chunks of fruit and frozen baby socks (I swear they are the perfect size for them to hold) during the day. We also used a good bit of hylands. Not of this fixes it per se, but just keeps things from getting too far out of...
    Welcome!   My DD is 25 months old. She woke up alot when she was younger. At 13 months I nightweaned her by nursing her at around 11 if she hadn't woken up around then before going to bed. It took several weeks, but she did start sleeping straight through until 4 am (now she sleeps straight through until around 5:30 am).   BUT she sleeps in a bed next time mine, so I  just get into bed, nurse her on both sides and then roll over and go to...
You are at a difficult age. My DD woke up from 4-11 months every 1-2 hours and then still alot until she was about 16 months old. Then she began sleeping 5-7 hour stretches. Somewhere around 19 months she started laying down to sleep with me after nursing, and going to bed with my DH. Now she is cutting molars and is waking more often, but still, I think that 4-11 month stretch was bad because of some serious teething/developmental stuff (and some food stuff for us). she...
Wow, sounds like you have tried everything. I have to say that my DD did what you are describing until we had her tested and realized she had leaky gut. We treated it with diet and some other measures like probiotic, glutamine, fish oil and bone broth and I have to say, within a week she was sleeping 5-7 hour stretches. She had also been really high needs during the day and this eased. The problem with leaky gut is that it's a moving target, as long as the child has this...
We are moving to NYC in the late summer of 2013. DD will be a little over 3.5 years old. She is very selectively vaxed. We aren't against vaxes, but she's had leaky guy since birth (slowly healing) and we also just though the current vax schedule is ludicrous. So we are doing some vaxes, but very spaced out and not all of them.   What is the deal with the public school system? What about with daycare? Are they strict with vax requirements? Do they require the whole...