or Connect

Posts by Tattooed Hand

My DD just had her first dose of the daptacel yesterday. She has been intermittantly crying, obviously in pain, hardly eating (nursing alot) and won't let me touch the area. She was also woozy all yesterday and this morning and woke up every 45 minutes last night screaming. She is finally down for a nap today after waking up 3 hours earlier than usual this morning. she refused to eat lunch. She's had the polio series and one HIB (since we did it at 15 months). We didn't...
It's not weird. My almost 18month old is just a restless sleeper and if I try to put bankets over him she wakes up because he likes to roll all over the place (why she sleep in a twin pressed up against my side of the queen that I sleep in all alone because I usually have to scoot over all the way to the other side...) We just got the large sized cotton one for the summer...but luckily DD is small for her age! So we have some time yet left in the regular halo sizes.
I think the only issue is how quickly the soles would wear out and protection. My DD has recently insisted on walking places with me, so the soles could go really quick, but if that's not a concern, as long as his feet are protected, robeez are fine. I plan to get my DD some soft soled sandles just because I want her feet better protected at the play ground and I need something that can get wet.
I'm looking to get my almost 18 month old some shoes for the summer that are cool and airy, will stay on, and can get wet. She's been walking since 10 months so she's pretty steady and spry at this point, but it would nice if they weren't totally stiff. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Yeah, in my experience the PPO did not work. I tried for months.We went through a period where I would nurse her and DH would walk her to sleep.   I unlatch her, but only once she's asleep. Lately, like the last month, she lets me unlatch her sometimes and rolls over and goes to sleep. But only sometimes. And she is 17 months old. She still nurses to sleep most nights, wakes up 1-2 times before I go to bed and then gives me a 5-7 hour stretch, waking up to nurse...
That is good advice to stop nursing when the pinching begins. I usually take my DD's hand away and tell her to stroke mama gently. If she keeps pinching, then I stop the nursing. These episodes come and go, for my DD they are usually when she is experiencing teething pain.
Everything I've read says that you should use the Gentian Violet for a minimum of 4 days, even if the symptoms seems to go away after a couple of days. I know it's messy, but maybe you could lay a towel down on your bed, apply it to your boob and let your DS nurse to sleep. This way it's absorbed and maybe a little faded by the time he wakes up and you can wash yourselves off so he doesn't get it everywhere. I actually applied it for 6 days for good measure and it...
This may be the case in some situations, but not in all. I got this kind of response from everyone around me when my DD, who never slept well, woke up like the OP described every 30-90 minutes all night long from when she was 5 months old to when she was 11 months old. I read the No Cry Sleep Solution twice, I tried all it's suggestions. Nothing worked. I'm serious. Nothing. Earlier bedtime did nothing. We put tin foil on the windows, white noise machines galore, the...
What time does he wake up for the day? I don't let my DD sleep more than 2 hours because we like to keep her night time sleep form 7:30pm-6:30am (though we do 7-6 or 8-7 too, but the idea is that she needs 11 hours at night and rarely sleeps past 7am). Also, my DD would have a hard time if all that sleep was only 4.5 hours from bedtime. Maybe if you wake him gently after 2 hours, it might take a day or two, but that extra sleep he seems to want will tack itself onto his...
I have been there and had similar worries, but they will stop when they are ready. For us, 5-11 months was horrible sleepwise. Now DD gives us at least one 5-7 hour stretch per night, usually beginning at 10 or 11 and going until 4 or 5. That's good enough for me. That's interrupted by colds and bad teething nights. But I feel way better than when she was waking up every 1-2 hours all night long demanding to nurse. It sucks. I know. I tried the NCSS and it didn't work...