or Connect

Posts by Tattooed Hand

I demanded to be referred to an allergist after my ped just told me she didn't THINK it was allergies and to just sleep train her. I got an IGG blood test and it turned out she was allergic to things like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, coconut, broccoli, melons, etc - stuff I would never have known about.   DD doesn't have diahrea, but did have what seemed like abdominal pain in the early morning hours and a rash once she began eating solids. But the main sign was bad...
  My DD is very sensitive and has reacted like this to traumatic situations, though unfortunately the person who didn't respect my parenting instructions was my own mother. My mother of course thinks I am crazy, but after an hour with her the first time she also cried when every I put her down. But it passes with a little extra love.   I don't leave my Dd with my mom. She thinks I am making up DD's food sensitivities and does all kinds of stupid stuff to prove a point....
This sounds like my DD. I was about to go over the edge with sleep deprivation. But we knew from the start that it had something to do with food sensitivities. Right off the bat I cut out the major allergens - dairy, nuts, wheat, eggs, corn and soy. I was later able to add some soy and eggs back in. Things got better, but not great. Then she started eating solids and things got REALLY bad (alot like what you describe, waking every 30-90 minutes for about 5 months...
Oh mama, that sounds so hard!   Sounds like there is alot going on with your little one. Change of daycare and additional hours is a big transition. My DD just began part time daycare 3 weeks ago and we are still transitioning. My DD still wakes up 2-3 times a night but it's not too big a deal because her twin bed is right next to our queen bed. I don't know what I would do if I had to get up and go to another room. I do know that when DD is sick (like we have both...
My DD began walking at 10 months and we started having some similar problems. So around 11 months we re-read the No Cry sleep solution (which made way more sense than the first time I read it when DD was 5 months old and just nursed to sleep) and instituted it strictly for 3-4 weeks. Now it works like a charm and we can deviate on an as needed basis (like if we are going somewhere and need to go to bed later and abbreviate the routine or if she has a tiring day and needs...
I feel your pain. When DD was 1 month old, I cut out dairy, soy, nuts, corn, eggs and gluten. It was hard. But I learned to cook a different way and like golum, we forgot the taste of bread... we recently had to cut out alot of other things from our diet due to DD's intolerances, but the good news is she can tolerate ME eating small amounts of soy, eggs, corn and non-wheat glutenous grains.   I second the Gluten Free goddess, she saved my life....
I'm curious because I have the same problem. DD wakes up twice at night, usually, to nurse. She has a broad spectrum of things she can't eat, but is also super picky at only 14 months and it's so frustrating trying to get her to eat and preparing all this food that she sometimes just totally refuses for no apparent reason. I have to say though, I don't see a difference at night between the days when she eats alot and when she eats less.
Thanks! We were going to get a temporary place in Prenzlauerberg but balked at the last minute because it would have been a long commute to where I am going a postdoc (in Dahlem where I have to be 3 days a week and I didn't want to tack on up to 2 hours a day of commute time). DH is staying home those days with DD, but she has lots of food sensitivities and so is still pretty heavily breastfed. Another friend suggested Schöneberg because it is way closer to where I'll be...
I got these:   http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Yum-Yum-D3-Liquid   Everything else seemed to have something in it that DD couldn't have, like soy or coconut.
I just went to my DD's 12 month and she only gained 13 oz in 3 months. But she held steady in the 10% for weight. She is very small but started walking at 10 months. My doctor was not at all worried. My doctor uses the WHO chart. Maybe your doctor uses another chart?   Anyway, it sounds like you've got it figured out and threw out your ped's bad adivce and began offering your DS more solids. Mine was later in eating but when she began walking, she became an...