or Connect

Posts by HappilyEvrAfter

Quote: Originally Posted by mysticmomma it's the pearls. they advocate spanking 6 mos old that roll over during diaper changes. ::shudder:: I could not fathom having done that to my child. How ridiculous.
I do agree with what everyone has said...that it will probably pass. BUT this in one thing that is not allowed when I'm around. Call it a pet peeve or whatever. My kid's dad smokes at his house and he started pretending to do it when he came home..."it's cool cause daddy does it". Every time it comes up I emphasize the implications of smoking. The bottom line I express is that it's one preventable habit that can cause an early death. Then again, I also let him know...
(hugs) to you. I have one of those at home too. The library and the pool are my refuge for the weekends I feel overwhelmed with all the talking (introverted moma, highly extroverted child). We also got into story telling and inventing our own world. We started for therapy reasons and it has ended up helping with the constant chatter. I think it helps ME to listen more actively...it makes it interesting for me to listen because I'm trying to come up with new ideas...
I've always wanted to see a min-series of Now Face to Face and Through A Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen. Love 18th century lit. ETA: I meant to say that I like books set in the 18th century...fingers and brain weren't connecting yesterday afternoon. :-)
Mine 4.75 yo has never needed much sleep (much to my disdain). He gets about 8ish hours maybe and functions very well. We used to go to bed at 8, but he never fell asleep until really close to 10. I gave up the battle and now we just go to bed around 9:30ish. Much less battle at night and he gets up at 6 just fine. ETA: he only slight naps at daycare cause it's required, but no naps on wknds It's a blessing during the week when gotta get up and go, but the...
Oy!! This was a book!? I didn't know. Guess this one will have to wait till I can find the time to read it...especially if it's as good as some of you say it is in book form. I loath watching the movies before reading the books!!
Quote: Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain They made the Outlander movie http://www.mania.com/diana-gabaldons...le_110814.html http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/11/...movie-trailer/ This.just.made.my.day!!!! :
The more I think about it (and I'm just trying really hard to keep my mind off of Twilight ), the more I like the part where Harry wasn't frozen when DD was killed. The book-reader part of me is a bit miffed, but the movie-goer in me is astonished at the total blatentency of Snape's betrayal to Harry...I don't think they could have found a better way to portray Snape's betrayal to those that haven't read the book. Total trust on Harry's part; total back stabbing from...
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie I just think it's cute that 6 movies into it, you all still expect the movies to be anything like the book. Hope spring eternal... OMG. That's like the scene with the three and Professor Mcg. where she says something like, "Why is it after all these years you three are always there when something goes amiss?" and Ron says, "I wonder the same." ...er, uh, something like that....you get the point....
Oooooooohh!! So glad I didn't do a pre-re-read this time. Learned my lesson last time.That made it to where I knew just enough of the plot to not be confused, but forgot just enough to enjoy the "new/rearranged" stuff. Although, I can't understand how people who haven't read the book can get what's going on?!?! There's so many underlying details that explain what's going on in front of you?!? KWIM? I seriously enjoyed though...heck, even my 4.5 yo sat still through...