or Connect

Posts by HappilyEvrAfter

Quote: Originally Posted by goodygumdrops Okay...this makes me I have been seriously thinking that I'm having a midlife crisis because I am LUV with Edward. I am so glad to know that I'm not alone. I read all the books on a four day wknd recently and have been totally obsessed ever since. It really did wake up a passion I'd forgotten was there...and I don't care HOW CORNY that sounds!!! LOL!! Def coutning down the days till New Moon...
: Hmmm, ok. Good perspectives. Right, the girls might take showers because of the dreaded "red cootie" syndrome. Very likely. Hadn't thought of that...and UTI too. True, true. Very good points. I guess one reason I keep him with the baths is that we've always had ear problems and I just cannot fathom why his father would force the issue knowing that? Hmmm, I guess that's a whole other topic though!
Does it matter which one a kid takes? Am I missing a valid point about whether a kid should take a shower versus a bath? Or is it a household preferential thing, strictly. My parents have three young girls under the age of 7 and they are all made to take showers. Must be something cause of my step-mom; I took baths forever as a kid when I lived with my dad. My son came home from his dad's and told me before bath time that he def wanted to take a bath (not shower)...
Oh, oh, oh. I SO sympathize. I'm a huge introvert with a full to the brim extrovert talker 5 yo...it's just him, me and the dog in the house...even the dog excapes to the silent backyard sometimes! Lol. I swear I could go weeks without saying a word and feel just fine; my kid can't go one second without making any kind of noise. Sounds like an ideal situation, but my brain gets T-I-R-E-D! Thankfully he loves the slide at the pool. Suit him up, zip up his life...
I agree....IS THERE REALLY A READING LIFE AFTER THE TWILIGHT SERIES?!?!?!? Lol. I sort of brushed off the Teilight books for so long because of life stuff, but I just read the whole series in 4 days...work was tough after a four day weekend of no sleep. ROFLMAO!! Guess I'll try with the True Blood series. Nevery really got into the show, though. I keep trying to break the Twilight spell by reading Inkheart, but I'm almost through it by force and I'm still Edward...
I had one and only reason for keeping my married name: my son. Otherwise I would have dropped it in a heartbeat. It's different for everyone, but my last name doesn't make my identity (re: connection to my ex, no major family significance) and I wanted to keep that link with my son. That was important to me for him. When/if (big if) I decide to remarry the most I'll do is hyphenate it so that I continue that connection with my son and any future children that would...
This is one I'll never forget...guess it's round about parenting. We were at a picnic with tons of people..many I didn't know cause they were family members of some of the families. Needless to say the kids were running around like squaking chickens and it had started to rain. Most all of the parents made their kids come in under the shelter as it started to rain saying things like "dont' want to get your clothes wet/dirty", "you'll get sick from wet hair",...
Wow. I didn't realize people changed their sheets so often...I thought my step-mother was fluke cause she changes the master and three toddler beds once a week. I have one king bottom sheet to change and that's a PITA to me. But my kiddo who sleeps with me is potty sufficient and we're both scrubbed before bed so I can somewhat defend keeping our sheet on for close to a month. Pillow cases get washed more often...
Sorry, nevermind... I found some good posts in the Personal Growth forum that have given me some research guidance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Oh the Irony I'm still a bit up and down. I'll feel fabulous much of the time! Then I will have some intense deadlines, the house falls into borderline squalor while meeting those deadlines, finish project, deal with house, rinse and repeat. Add in a loud, demanding 4 year old who asks 250 questions a day of his introverted mom... I do get overwhelmed. He's starting to mellow and will be in kindie next year. Am I happier...